Contract climber

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeslayer

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
looking for work in the PA/VA area, can travel anywhere within 300+ miles easily.
Have all gear, saws, rigging equipment needed. highly skilled in all aspects of treework.
LOTS of crane experience, and extremely proficient in storm related work and sales/marketing.

way to slow here. :bang: need to find steady work.
send PM please.

FWIW, most of the tree service owners that I scrounge firewood from around here have never heard of AS!??? That is, until I bring this site up... Not sure if they end up joining or not.

That said, I'll ask around when I speak to them.

Grow some balls and buy a truck and chipper and see about the other side of it .

I had a big truck and a morbark 13 over 10 years ago, was debating getting more big equipment.

Going in debt to be underbid by wannabe's and hacks? I decided not to run that rat race. sold em off a few years later and never looked back.:msp_wink:

I've leased big cranes for a month straight and pushed a big crew every year, thats enough for me.
I've run electrical crews with over 40 men, and #### that too.......lol

Me, my saws, and the tree. thats all I'm after.:rock:

All My Climber are 1099 , act as sub with thei're own ins. and comp. i have not found one good climber or world class climber at $15 to $20 in 21 years, those are the milkers they will milk the job and streched a 4 hrs job in to 10 hrs,

.... get in , get it done and get out of dodge.

I had a big truck and a morbark 13 over 10 years ago, was debating getting more big equipment.

Going in debt to be underbid by wannabe's and hacks? I decided not to run that rat race. sold em off a few years later and never looked back.:msp_wink:

I've leased big cranes for a month straight and pushed a big crew every year, thats enough for me.
I've run electrical crews with over 40 men, and #### that too.......lol

Me, my saws, and the tree. thats all I'm after.:rock:
I enjoy 35/40 hours a week of half decent work just a thought man , what the hell do I know anyway

I get that but the thought of running a decent gig would be good for you too , if your surviving on contract climbers money then I guarantee you could afford to pick and choose what work you want to take , the good well paying ones have somehow peppered themselves back in the mix around here again .

NOW HIRING: Tree Climbers for Removals/ Pruning in Seattle, Washington

Looking for Experienced Climbers with minimum 1-2 years Experience

Requirements:
Must have knowledge of Climbing with or without Spurs & Repelling out of the tree. NO bucket work here!
Experience in Trimming/ Pruning & Removals
Must have own Gear (Saddle, Spurs, Ropes & Climb Saw)
Valid DL & Reliable Transportation/Vehicle Required

$140-$200/ day + OT

Please apply online at Evergreen Tree Care - Seattle area tree service | Removal, Pruning, and Wind Damage or
email your work experience to [email protected]
Questions: Call 800-684-8733 ext. 3434Salary:$140-$200/ day

Requirements:
Must have knowledge of Climbing with or without Spurs & Repelling out of the tree. NO bucket work here!

$140-$200/ day + OT

Please apply online at Evergreen Tree Care - Seattle area tree service | Removal, Pruning, and Wind Damage or

and only need 1 year of experience....hmmmmmmm.:msp_ohmy:

and only need 1 year of experience....hmmmmmmm.:msp_ohmy:

for a while the co I'm working for would take you on as a climber if you knew how to put a saddle on :eek2: ya we were that desperate, we only had one person fail that test he started putting it on over his head...

plus you'd only have to relocate to the complete opposite side of the country

sounds promising

Contract climbing can be good $, but it's no walk in the park either. Just as with running heavy plant, or running your own crew there are plenty of downsides. The difference is that most of them are out of your control.

You can probably get steady work from a whole bunch of companies by just ringing around and putting your name out there. I'm guessing in addition to being geared up your also qualified and insured. The trouble is that you won't want to work for most of them. By the time you cut out those who do low quality work, those who break the law, the agressive/pushy ones, the ones who are completely unrealistic about how much work can be done in a day, The ones who want you to smash out huge technical monster trees quick snap and the ones who don't pay, you'll be left with.... ummm.... well, maybe one or two days a month with good companies who do quality work, allow enough time go get it done, let you do it how you want and pay you on time. Margins are tight for many legitimate tree companies, so they have to keep their costs down by hiring full time climbers at low rates.

Otherwise, as already suggested, running your own show ain't as bad as some guys make it out to be ;-)

Shaun

Requirements:

$140-$200/ day + OT

ROF LMFAO

Ok when can I start? LOL

Those wadges are a ***JOKE!!!*** for an experienced well equipped climber rigger.
I'll wait till the hacks and JO's get a taste of fall, the rain and some wind. They always seem to go by the way side when real work starts rolling in during the fall and winter. I'd like to see the guy who posted this add do an honest days hard work of physical labor. We know what we are worth up top and most of us just seem to stay small and do what we do. You might think it's a 3 hour tree till your ass gets up there and sees how big the wood really is....

I climb, I rig, I cut, I'm safe and never pushed! I'm not the fastest guy around but I've seen the slowest quaking and shaking up there.

ROF LMFAO

Ok when can I start? LOL

Those wadges are a ***JOKE!!!*** for an experienced well equipped climber rigger.
I'll wait till the hacks and JO's get a taste of fall, the rain and some wind. They always seem to go by the way side when real work starts rolling in during the fall and winter. I'd like to see the guy who posted this add do an honest days hard work of physical labor. We know what we are worth up top and most of us just seem to stay small and do what we do. You might think it's a 3 hour tree till your ass gets up there and sees how big the wood really is....

I climb, I rig, I cut, I'm safe and never pushed! I'm not the fastest guy around but I've seen the slowest quaking and shaking up there.

your funny, so a guy that is looking for basically a beginner climber (1-2years) is cheap for offering 17-25 dollars an hour I'm not really sure where your from but that is a pretty normal wage for a climber that does not run his own show... do you know how many climbers would love to have a FULL TIME job making 20-25 an hour plus OT...

I have used contract climbers and it really works well for my situation. I lost a real good contract climber (to a full time position) this year and I miss having him available. Ideally I would like to have working relationships with 2 to 3 contract climbers so I am covered. The thing with having one....I am at his mercy to get climbing work done.

I would be interested in using a few new guys. Send me an email if interested.

Steve

your funny, so a guy that is looking for basically a beginner climber (1-2years) is cheap for offering 17-25 dollars an hour I'm not really sure where your from but that is a pretty normal wage for a climber that does not run his own show... do you know how many climbers would love to have a FULL TIME job making 20-25 an hour plus OT...

I run my own show. I bring my own gear and saws it's 200 minimum. 250 a day for 6 hrs up top. 300 for 8. Take it or leave it that's what I charge. People would not be calling me if they could do it with a bucket truck or other means. I rarely work for tree companies. Just no money there when they want me and my stuff for 200 a day, no thanks I'll go make firewood or make some cash with one of my many other skills. I can run the whole show and have done so for quite while now.

For a newbie climber I think 17-25hr isn't that bad.

Naked Climber, If your billing out at 300.00/8hr day that's only 37.50. If you are truly legit, and truly factoring in your overhead, I bet your not doing much better the 25.00hr. Fuel, maintenance time, drive time, insurance, wcb, gear replacement, ect.

For a newbie climber I think 17-25hr isn't that bad.

Naked Climber, If your billing out at 300.00/8hr day that's only 37.50. If you are truly legit, and truly factoring in your overhead, I bet your not doing much better the 25.00hr. Fuel, maintenance time, drive time, insurance, wcb, gear replacement, ect.

You see my point then. 300 a day is not big money.

You see my point then. 300 a day is not big money.

but your comparing apples to oranges here contract climber vs hourly employee just one point I'll put out there, as a contract climber do you get: health insurance, paid holidays, paid vacation, 401K, gaurenteed employment year round? because I do

I'm not speaking for the whole country by saying this but in my area there is no such thing as a contract climber it is ruled by big time companies who have climbers that can do any tree, of coarse there are smaller cos but even the hacks are "big time" here compared to other places.

When I here the phrase contract climber , it sounds like a guy with a swollen ego and a attitude problem , that's why they can't hold a steady job , nor can they find someone that will tolerate them 5 days a week ! That's just my definition others may be different

Latest posts

Back