Contract climber

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Renee

im a woman tree worker n had a nice small tree service when i was married now starting over.i love sub contracting have done fair amount.right now im back home in mich working for power company n dont care for it.work is ok but pay stinks.i hope to get my way back to cali, just passed my contractor lic test n sent all my stuf in think ive done it.i have my trailor my truck tools n dog cody and getting ready to go where good loard makes way for me.ive been cutting tree,s for 30yrs climb bucket or crane.good luck to you.Renee

Work

I am currently seeking a full time or contract climber in southeastern ohio. If you are interested, please send your resume and contact information to [email protected].

Thanks,

looking for work in the PA/VA area, can travel anywhere within 300+ miles easily.
Have all gear, saws, rigging equipment needed. highly skilled in all aspects of treework.
LOTS of crane experience, and extremely proficient in storm related work and sales/marketing.

way to slow here. :bang: need to find steady work.
send PM please.

When I here the phrase contract climber , it sounds like a guy with a swollen ego and a attitude problem , that's why they can't hold a steady job , nor can they find someone that will tolerate them 5 days a week ! That's just my definition others may be different

How true but you forgot to mention the part where they start their own company.

When I here the phrase contract climber , it sounds like a guy with a swollen ego and a attitude problem , that's why they can't hold a steady job , nor can they find someone that will tolerate them 5 days a week ! That's just my definition others may be different

Or it is a skilled arborist who has all his ducks in order(licenses, insurance,etc). Found a niche in his market that has an abundance of unqualified tree companies taking on more then they can handle for there skill level. Just another part of the definition. I have met guys who fall in both definitions.

Wait another good one is the "contract crew" that's the guy who can't do a job til Sat. Or Sunday cause he needs to poach someone elses guy to do a job he sold and couldn't handle ! LOL

Wait another good one is the "contract crew" that's the guy who can't do a job til Sat. Or Sunday cause he needs to poach someone elses guy to do a job he sold and couldn't handle ! LOL

I love that one!
I actually did some work this past year for that kinda guy. He has a regular full time job everything needed to do tree work or he rents what he does not have ie: big chipper or lifts. The best part was watching him climb. He said he was a good climber but I beg to differ. No I did not say anything as we all have or own opinion of what is good. I'm not that fast but he did not look to comfy up there and made a few bad choices before the day was done. I've been there and done that also. Well all that aside he is great person to work for, pays well and enjoys some good ball busting to keep the day light n fun. Oh btw he has a keg on tap at his place if you get the itch for few cold ones and some BS sessions. If there was ten more guys like him with work for the week days I'd be rich rich filthy rich lol.

Last edited:
For a newbie climber I think 17-25hr isn't that bad.

Naked Climber, If your billing out at 300.00/8hr day that's only 37.50. If you are truly legit, and truly factoring in your overhead, I bet your not doing much better the 25.00hr. Fuel, maintenance time, drive time, insurance, wcb, gear replacement, ect.

Your close so I guess the rate is going up to 400 to start next year.

Latest posts

Back