Cookie Monster!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sedanman

Just cut the piano!!
Reaction score
Hopefully, The bar may be a little much for the saw as it is right now but I'm sure it will grow into it.

Race chains are in hand, I will post details of the chains after I prove their performance. The bar was $150.00 plus shipping from "Chain Bar Repairing" (Sorry for the plug people are gonna ask anyway) I supplied the Oregon Roller nose which I originally got from Z4LUNCH,
Anybody have any advice for a first time belly bar owner?

I had to trim the saw body and the clutch cover a little to get it to fit, also had to loose the chain catcher. I will make a new chain catcher before I use this.

Paul,
That is one sweet looking bar you have their.
How long is it? and how may DL ?
Get rid of the dawgs...........

The bar uses a 72 DL chain. Eric, I'm gonna be in your neck of the woods this weekend, I'll see if I can stop by and show you the 7900.

Last edited:
Sedanman, In your neck of the woods, they cold-start 3 cut. That belly bar is not the way to go in that type of racing, in fact unless you have a lot of power there’s no need for one. It’s like jacking up your truck 4' high, making it look ridiculous and never taking it off-road. Sorry to piss on your fire again, but your wasting your hard earned money. Go buy a good race saw from EHP if you want to get into racing. Rollie

ROLLIN, No offense taken, I do this for fun, I have NEVER been to an actual "race" as a competitor. I have no kids to support so I get to but my own toys. This very saw may get sent to Ed, you never know. Anyway the bar is the big Husky mount so if I ever get a piped 3120 on alcohol, I already have a bar!

Paul,
Looking forward to your visit you are more than welcome hear any time. Their maybe a few more "interesting characters" hear also..
You may not need that bar for the small wood but it sure dose look cool..... I need one of them for my "slow" saw...

Eric is this the new saw your talking about. At least you are consistant in your picture taking. Good work.

Originally posted by Marky Mark
Eric is this the new saw your talking about. At least you are consistant in your picture taking. Good work.

Yeap Mark that is one of the saw I have been talking about. In addition, it runs rather well and Dave does not care if I take pictures….
As far as the pictures go like I said on another post I did not take the pictures of my eph357 to insult or embarrass Ed by any means.
I am just the type that likes to know what is inside of a high performance motor.
I have pictures of every saw I have ever owned some of the saw builders take them for me Like this one……… http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6910&highlight=2159
If I had known Ed had a no open policy, I would not have done it.
I have already apologized to Ed for any hard ship I caused him so it may be best if we mind are own business???
Sooner or later everyone will be running EPH saws if you don’t think someone is going to look inside you have a rude awaking coming….

John, Go re-read the third post. The people who built the bar are not sponsors so I'm not going to plug them too many times (put the 3 quoted words into your search box, you'll find them). The bar is totally custom, built to my specs. They can build one for ANY saw. Mine was $150.00 plus $12.00 shipping. I provided the roller nose, these are getting harder to find but not impossible. I'm gonna have 2 more built before the year is over, roller noses with no belly 18" one in the Stihl mount and one in the Dolmar/Husky mount. These will really be Oregon bars with the roller noses retro-fitted.

Hey sedanman did you ever run the "cookiemonster"? i was just wondering how she turned out. thats a fine looking piece!
B

Latest posts

Back