copper to thermopex

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thick it is the od that is the same Id should be smaller in pex That is my thoughts That is why all the push on fitting work all the same od

Is the copper coming out of the boiler? If so, the rubber O-rings in a Shark bite may not take the heat. May have to go with a conventional brass compression fitting.

YES its coming out of a boiler, i went with one inch at the boiler connection...that way if i ever upgrade the crap one inch thermopex central boiler sold me (too small) to something larger, i wont have to upgrade at the boiler itself. thanks for the help.

Rethinking that. The Sharkbites are meant to handle hot water. The copper can only get so hot with water in it.

You can also get compression fittings that do not need special tools . You just need a screwdriver. They cost about 2 bucks. So if you don't need to do a lot of connections it might be the way to go. You can also remove and reuse this type.

Back