Pex substitute?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MinnesotaJon

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I just installed a new boiler, I ran my thermopex up in the corner of the garage. From there I ran across the top over to my garage heater then in the house and so on. Well I ran emt real nice for all my electrical. So I wanted my pex to look nice too ran it all straight and pretty. Which sucked one inch pex does not cooperate. But it looked nice, until I fired up the boiler! I didn’t realize pex grew so much when it got warm. It sagged between every stud hanger. Is there a rigid pipe I can use for my long straight garage runs? I know copper would work but also cost as much as the boiler! Thanks for the input.

Cpvc with shark bites! I like that I figured cpvc would work but didn’t like the idea of glued joints. The sharks bites must work good for boiler applications a lot of the boiler suppliers sell them.

Depends on what temp you run your boiler at. CPVC is 200 degrees and if you are running around 190 all the time I don't doubt it will get brittle much quicker than pex. Personally I'd just clean up the pex runs.

Back