Corona pole pruner blade?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kogafortwo

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have an old 12 foot Corona compound action pruner. The blade is still original and I get an upper body workout with it, cause it takes forever to get through anything. Is Corona's RazorTooth blade really much of an upgrade from the old "homeowner" blade?

Will other brand blades fit it (like Fiskars)?

Should I get my wife to buy me a Silky Hayauchi for Christmas? (Say YES - she reads my threads). They're only a couple hundred, sweetheart! And I'm not calling Roger D's Tree Service this year, so that will save us 1000's!
:givebeer::givebeer::givebeer:

Im in the same boat I have an older fiskers and the blade is shot I think the blades will exchange I will find out soon.

My expeience is that many polesaw blades are interchangeable, and even many handsaw blades will fit.

I have had problems with the cruf being removed before the blade gets dull.:cry: No curf makes for problems cutting.

Hey Scott, I think I can get a Corona blade for $25 locally and then I don't have to pay shipping. I will take my old blade and match the bolt pattern at the store. Then I know for sure.
I will let you know how it works. I am going to wait until a couple of hard freezes to prune - probably over Christmas. Got a couple of nice takedowns to do too. 35'-40' silver maples that need to get out of the way of my live oaks.

Corona upgrade

I bought a replacement blade and did some minor modifications to my old pruner. The new blade is mounted much more solidly than the original. It cuts better and and both mounting holes are through-bolted, instead of the smaller one only being screwed in 1/4" and stripping out.

Check out the pictures. I had to Dremel the side of the pruner head flat, then drill a new mounting hole. I re-assembled the cut-off pruning tool after I sharpened it up.
:givebeer:

P.S. Whoa - I just figured out from the picture that my rope is not routed correctly. Will fix that tomorrow. No wonder it was so hard to pull !!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back