Correct Saw For My Use

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a ton of hours on 346's and 261's both great saws. You won't go wrong either way. It's Chevy Ford as far as I'm concerned, my favorite two small saws.

That is why, although maybe a little overkill for what I need at this moment, I have come down to these two saws.

And to everybody else who helped with advice...thank you. I just don't want to get stuck with something that, after a couple cuts, turns into a nightmare that cost several hundred dollars.

And to everybody else who helped with advice...thank you. I just don't want to get stuck with something that, after a couple cuts, turns into a nightmare that cost several hundred dollars.

Saw repair won't cost you that much any more. If you're on this site, you'll be tearing apart all your own equipment very soon. Working on all my own stuff around the house saves me thousands of dollars a year, easily. And it gets my wife all proud and 'excited'......... :)

Sounds like you found the right dealer to work with going forward. Handle them when you're back and buy the one that feels best in your hands.

For some additional insight, I bought an entry level Jonsered about 15 years ago, it was a homeowner grade, but with good care and maintainance it's still running well and has been given to my oldest son. I'm guessing it has 50 cords of wood on it. A couple years ago, I upgraded to a 65 cc pro grade model, as expected the power increase was amazing, but the upgraded anti vibe system was a huge added bonus.

Long way of saying if you can swing the pro model now, pick it up and don't look back. I used the entry level for years and it did the job, but I really didn't know what I was missing until I jumped into a pro saw.

Good luck in your decision and don't forget the chaps.

Mike.

Latest posts

Back