Correct Tire Swing Anchoring

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pictures

So as I said I would take pictures because it just makes this a whole hell of a lot easier. Now this is tree #1 of 2. This is a nice honkin swing limb and the "most horizontal" limb on the tree.
IMG_1609.jpg

IMG_1606.jpg

Under View:
IMG_1607.jpg

Now this is tree #2 of 2. Does not have as straight of a limb as the previous tree or as much of a horizontal axis but it IS thicker.
IMG_1588.jpg

IMG_1590.jpg

From IN the tree:
IMG_1592.jpg

Last edited:
Which one, both of them? And I will have to have it done when the tree is cabled together later this year (or next)

Well the one looks like it getting ready to bust out ot there any second. Its best to err on the side of caution and fortify such novelties such as tire swings. I would not trust a low long and horizontal limb no matter how good it looked. But its not like I never swung from a half assed rope swing before either.

Well the one looks like it getting ready to bust out ot there any second. Its best to err on the side of caution and fortify such novelties such as tire swings. I would not trust a low long and horizontal limb no matter how good it looked. But its not like I never swung from a half assed rope swing before either.

I would shoot for as close to the branch collar as possible. And I don't swing I just sit (115lbs) but anything that puts these trees in danger ain't happening they mean far too much to me to be snapping limbs over a suspended seat.

Latest posts

Back