Cotten wood good for anything?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cotton wood

i wish i had the time and permission to drive around my area and cut down every single one of those darn things!!!! that "cotton" makes a mess of air conditioners and my yard! been waiting for the wind to blow just right to drop it across the road (don't want it to take out the power lines) the tree trimmers came by last spring, i tried to get them to top it for a case of beer but to no avail it still stands.

Good INFO

Good information as I always wondered myself , heck I took one down for he neighbor decent size one bucked it up so I could lift it into my truck and ended up dumping out in the back of his woods . DoH ! wish I would have known this earlier, but then again there are four more growing out of the same cluster and they are biggins as well.

not a fan of cottonwood at all, I mean there is probably 20-25 cords of it all bucked up not more then 600 feet from the end of my driveway in a neighbors yard (had the tree cut down and cut up and is trying to give it away) and I havn't even thought about getting any, not one time... and today we cut 23 medium sized cotton woods down that lined this one property chipped the tops and just hurled the big wood into the woods with the crane

KINDLING! thats what i use it for. or heating in the shop. Its so light you can split it with a hatchet....Get out your Fiskars, swing hard....it will impress the ladies! :laugh:

KINDLING! thats what i use it for. or heating in the shop. Its so light you can split it with a hatchet....Get out your Fiskars, swing hard....it will impress the ladies! :laugh:

Nah. With the Fiskars, the ladies can split it themselves....

Just one more unintended consequence.

Latest posts

Back