Counting Cash

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always count the money in front of the buyer or seller. I have had people pay me with money out of a ATM (New money likes to stick together) and there was an extra bill in the stack. If there is a problem I want it fixed before anyone puts the money away. I have sold a lot of stuff over the years and have had people short me and over pay. Had folks hold a bill out to check if you were counting. They would have it in there other hand and then hand it to you after you were done counting.
Have fun and take the high road.. I had a customer ask me how much did she owe me? I said a hundred, to which she handled me a $100 bill. I asked her if I needed to count it? Took a moment for her to catch up, but a good chuckle was had by all.

I usually don't count. Some people tell me to count it others just hand it to me and walk away. One time, I was $20 short so I sent her a message. Turns out the husband took a $20 off the pile in the kitchen that morning for gas money. Either way, I don't see the need for anyone to get offended.

just delivered a load of wood to a 20 year customer. he always pays in 50's 0r 100's. today he handed me a wad and said 20's today. just shoved it in my pocket. ealier i bought some wood from a guy and handed him 5 - 20's and said to him "count" it.

I always count out my cash no mater if I'm buying or selling.When I buy something, I count out the cash in front of them and hand it to them and ask them to recount it. If I'm selling I always count it in front of them. Years ago if you bought something at a retail store they would count your change out to you as they handed it back. Now days they just wad it up and almost throw it at you. I always stop them and make them count it out.

sometimes I count ,sometimes I dont. I dont think i have ever been shorted by anyone. quite often there was a tip for wood delivery or stump grinding.
there was a time i felt weird after i left, because i think the guy might have wanted some change back ,,but i just took the cash and put it in my pocket and said thanks. I felt like a real ass when i counted it a few miles down the road

Back