• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell County Line 3 point PHD in good shape...$100.00

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those who have been around post augers know Danuser is about as good as they get for PTO units. The model F8 is as good as they get. I had a F8 here but ran across another on Ebay that was near new and had a 12" and 18" auger. I called the guy up and he said he used to to plant trees. Well he was about 3hrs away but it just so happened that I had a former student that was in the Ag program at a junior college near there. I knew he would be coming home that Friday night to watch his brother play football. I asked if he would grab it and of course he did. I tried paying him and all he would take was a pork chop sandwich.

Far as I'm concerned a PHD is about as basic as you can get in a PTO powered implement, so long as the carriage is stout and it has a good gearbox and slip clutch (which mine does), all you pay for is the name basically. The one I have is very stout.

Lots of comments but no action. Typical of this site I'd say. Guess I'll list it in the local farm paper. Thanks anyway, it was fun...lol
You listed an item as pick up only, on a forum that reaches people all over the world. Did you really expect people to come running?

If you had my money, you'd burn yours...lol I'm not and never have been poor. Just going out in a few to have a steak dinner at the local beanery with my lovely wife. Something we do a couple times a week.

Yeah....scrap the auger and move on.
You clearly don't need the $100. 🫏

Mine is basically a farm truck but it's never been in the snow or on a salty road. No rust anywhere, bought it new in 97. Just turned 100K miles. Been in a field a few times however. I put my Lincoln engine drive in the back and do in field welding with it. That and it pulls my Gooseneck and totes my truck camper up north. Hardest part is keeping the polished Alcoa aluminum wheels shiny. My wife's cats love to whizz on the wheels when it's sitting outside in the summer. Did I say I don't like cats in general? I do but they came with the marriage and multiplied and she knows everyone so I cannot eliminate any, though I'd like to.
When you described it, it didn't sound like a farm truck, it sounds sweet to me.
Mines nice for a driver/a 2000, but lots of small chips in the paint. I've got those wheels too. Since both of us are drivers I can see where we'd like that style :cheers:.

Lost your cat, have you looked under my tires 😆. Cat the other white meat 🤣. I'm not a fan of cats, but I understand all to well that sometimes we make exceptions for a good woman.

You listed an item as pick up only, on a forum that reaches people all over the world. Did you really expect people to come running?

Yeah....scrap the auger and move on.
You clearly don't need the $100. 🫏
Always nice to read a smart arse comment. Thanks for the input... not.

Always nice to read a smart arse comment. Thanks for the input... not.
I thought it was appropriate after insulting members here lol.
Personally I wouldn't have gotten to bothered by either comment, I learned yrs ago that people will say all sorts of crazy things, some are even on point :).

Being 74, don't bother me at all actually. I have much more important things to be bothered with and this is just an Internet forum anyway. Normally, I ignore crappy comments like that, I just didn't this time and far as humility goes, at 74, that is long gone.

Only reason I am on here right now is, the weather is crappy outside and it's cozy inside or I'd not even be on here at all.

Normally, I ignore crappy comments like that

As do I 99% of yours. Your like a broken record.
Honest question, do you think your the only one here thats done well for yourself? You aren't, your just extremely full of yourself. As a former POTUS would say, Bigly. Huuuuugely. IMO your probably more FOS than anything which is why I (mostly) ignore you.

Carry on patting yourself on the back, Try not to hurt yourself in the process. 😂😂

Bub, I worked dam hard for what we have and stepped on a few toes along the way as well. I'd be happy to step on yours if you require it....

Being humble isn't in my dictionary and hasn't been for decades, so have a nice day and don't do anything stupid.

Mine is basically a farm truck but it's never been in the snow or on a salty road. No rust anywhere, bought it new in 97. Just turned 100K miles. Been in a field a few times however. I put my Lincoln engine drive in the back and do in field welding with it. That and it pulls my Gooseneck and totes my truck camper up north. Hardest part is keeping the polished Alcoa aluminum wheels shiny. My wife's cats love to whizz on the wheels when it's sitting outside in the summer. Did I say I don't like cats in general? I do but they came with the marriage and multiplied and she knows everyone so I cannot eliminate any, though I'd like to.
Well, hopefully they kill the mice that eat truck wires and stuff like that.

Well I will see what happens, I just put it out today.
5 gallon bucket traps work great. Stick up to the rim, put water in about 5" up (for when it's not freezing out) with bird seed on top, when it's freezing out you can use windshield washing fluid or anti-freeze (if you don't have animals around you're worried about). They'll walk up the stick and jump in thinking it's solid inside, then they can't jump out.
You can also use a wire across the top of the 5 gallon bucket with a pop bottle on it(drill holes in the ends of it), then smear peanut butter on it and they will fall in.

5 gallon bucket traps work great. Stick up to the rim, put water in about 5" up (for when it's not freezing out) with bird seed on top, when it's freezing out you can use windshield washing fluid or anti-freeze (if you don't have animals around you're worried about). They'll walk up the stick and jump in thinking it's solid inside, then they can't jump out.
You can also use a wire across the top of the 5 gallon bucket with a pop bottle on it(drill holes in the ends of it), then smear peanut butter on it and they will fall in.
Just the bucket with no ramp? Hey, are the mice active in cold temps?

Just the bucket with no ramp? Hey, are the mice active in cold temps?
I put a stick up the side and lean it within a few inches of the pop bottle. I put used motor oil in the bottom of the pail so it sort of mummifies the dead mice and they don’t stink. When the bucket gets too full to want to use anymore I put a lid on it and bring it to the annual paint/oil/hazmat collection day in the county and it goes out of my life.

It works very very well.

Latest posts

Back