Couple of 011 questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ma Barker

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi all,

Doing a top-end rebuild on an 011 AVT & have a couple of questions.

1. Can anyone recommend a good ring compressor for this saw? The one on Bailey's goes as small as 40mm, but the 011 piston is 38mm.

2. Is the muffler assembly intended to be opened? It appears to have a cast body and a top or cover, but the two parts are a b:censored: to get apart.

Thanks,

Mark

I've got the ring compressor set from Bailey's, I checked it out and the smallest one measures 34.5mm when fully closed so it will probably work just fine on a 38mm piston. I used a wide zip tie before I got the compressor and it worked but not as well as the tool.

IIRC, I don't think the 011 muffler comes apart, but you better get a second opinion from someone that knows for sure.

011 mufflers do come apart. But there isn't much you can do with them, because the outlet is cast into the body of the muffler. If I remember correctly there is a cast deflector inside the body that can be modified by
lowering it and smoothing it. I don't know if it would help any.
CSW

The IPL shows the muffler in two pieces. So assuming for a moment that the muffler is designed to split apart, is there an efficient method? Nine iron, maybe?

Mark

Latest posts

Back