• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Craftsman Red 3.7 (Poulan 3700) Mildly Ported

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blk05crew

I like 'em green
Reaction score
Bought this saw from Modifiedmark, it's a 61cc, thin ring saw, same as Poulan 3700. It has a custom muff mod and has a mild port job. Saw is in great shape, I've only used it a couple times since I bought it. Selling power head only unless you want a bar and chain for it, bar pictured is on another saw. $200 plus shipping.

20150323_210717.jpg
100_5462 (Custom).JPG
20150516_095637.jpg

Is that the original bar? Has the same shape but I've never seen one that wasn't worn out

Orig bar was 18in said craftsman on in (craftman only) and had a weird shaped tip. That Oregon bar looks like my replacement

Let me step in here and explain what was done to this saw.

It got a complete and I mean complete top to bottom rebuild and I might have ran a tank of gas through it before Nate bought it from me.

It got new crank bearings, thrust washers and crank seals. The oiler was completely gone through with a new diaphragm, quad ring and gaskets. It got a new sprocket and bearing. The top end was ported a bit (intake and exhaust) no base gasket (I think). I think it got a new piston, but it's been a while but if it didn't get a piston I know it got new rings.

Of course the fuel system was gone through.

If Nate only run it a bit it's probably just now breaking in.

I know I probably spent as much in parts as what he's asking for it and it was a good strong running saw. Most 3700's are at that but this one is even better.

Back