Craig's List Super Score

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the guy was just wanting some attention... Perhaps he didn't purchase a saw at all? Just wanted to make us THINK he got a good deal (bragging?)
Anyone know this guy personally?

Retired officer, I could have sworn that someone once asked why his location was between a rock and a hard place and he said he did not want to give his real location because he was in a witness relocation program.

Tough crowd.:buttkick:

We need more of this "tough crowd" to return this country to where it should be.

One that doesn't depend on someone else for their welfare and looks out for their bretheren individually as a community/town.

This forum by far has the highest moral standards of any I belong to. If an issue needs to be drug unto the carpet, it dang well should be.

Remember this gem back from the thread muffler mods? The genus that is Dano stated...
Dano said:
"Back in the day (mine), for the most part, a racing bike was nothing more than a motorcycle stripped down of all unnecessary weight, and all of it's lighting equipment removed. Two-stroke engine mods consisted of doing some modifying of the intake and exhaust port. Reed valve induction wasn't even around back then.

The biggest mod that you could do to a bike so that you could race it, was to lose weight. Engine mods came second. Suspension mods came in a close third.

At the end of the day, when all the smoke and dust has cleared, a two-stroke engine is still a two-stroke engine, no matter how a factory might have slapped it together, and it's operating principles remain the same.

And when it comes to books, just cause something is printed in ink within it's covers, doesn't always make it true. The Bible is also a book, and we all know that the vast majority of it's contents is nothing more than pure speculation and conjecture."

Par for the course.

Anyone seen Dano or a serial # yet?

Didn't think so. He'll go down to the store tomorrow and grab the # from one off the wall if he has the nards to post a # at all.

I'm a damn generous guy and I love to give out prizes to my staff. I love those folks that work for me, but a door prize like a 261C-M wouldn't be happening. Other than a saw shop, I can't imagine any other business giving away a 261C-M... it'd be way more likely to be a MS180.

My door prize is going to be a daily (at minimum) bump until this O.P. either admits it was all fabrication, or he posts up a valid # of the saw he supposedly bought. If this guy is blowing wind, at least the regular folks around here need to know about it. There has been enough suspicious activity from outside. We do NOT need any more from within.

I have a saw that our local high school PTA bought to raffle. It's out of the box and assembled. The requirement is that the winner comes to my shop to pick it up and go through the process just like a purchaser. I highly doubt any dealer would send out a 261c-m in a box for a prize.

Looks like this guy has been jerking us around for a bit. Something about his use of the smilies is very similar to someone who was previously banned but I can't place my finger on who it may be.

Earlier this year, I wanted to purchase an MS-461R. I told the dealer that he had two weeks to get one. He assured that that he could.

Just shy of two weeks later, he called me and asked that I stop by and speak to him. Turned out, he couldn't get his hands on the 461R. He agreed to sell me a 660R for less than what the 461R would have cost me. He had the 660R in stock.

I'd still like to have a 461R. I like the 660R and have no complaints or issues with it. I do have a standing offer to sell it, and I keep thinking about that.

Maybe next year, it will be the year of the 461R. ;)

From a young age, small engines fascinated me. I completely hand-built my first mini-bike at age 9. My father was an under-standing sort of guy. He had spent many years in the timber / logging industry (as did many of his relatives), left that and then became a truck driver. He assisted me in dropping my first tree with a chainsaw.

And yes, I was able to turn a non-running chainsaw into a running saw, at age 8. :)

I've always liked messing around with small engines, be it two or four-stroke. Rebuilt my first two-stroke engine at age 10.

First time I hit 60 mph on a modified riding lawn mower was at age 13. :D

My grandfather used to tell me.........A mistake isn't a mistake, as long as it didn't cost you any money, or time in jail :msp_smile:

You have my condolences.

I wasn't close to either of my grandfathers. They lived quite far away.

Cherish your memories.

Looks like this guy has been jerking us around for a bit. Something about his use of the smilies is very similar to someone who was previously banned but I can't place my finger on who it may be.

Hey Gary, does this mean I won't be running any numbers for him tomorrow?

Hey Gary, does this mean I won't be running any numbers for him tomorrow?

I would not be holding my breath... I wonder if something like this happened before and that is why he was gone for such a long time?

People of this sort always have a ready reason why they are not able to provide even basic information to substantiate the stories they have told. Do you really believe that a person who claimed to have spent 29 years in law enforcement does not know how to load a picture on the Internet?

Last edited:
Did this guy ("Book em" dano) ever produce any photos of his claims over the past 12 years? Certainly someone must have spoken with him on the phone during the past decade.... right?

I smell something theatrical.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back