NOS MS-260 pro....SCORE!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John C

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
So i admittedly have CAD....the worst thing is, i have a lot of enablers. I work for a tree service and my boss gave me his last 20 or so years of junk saws. Most of them were truely junk, but i got a few good runners out of them. They all have been sold or donated to help in the cleanup of our random spurt of tornados in MA last year?!?! So thats where i think i caught it....oh yeah, and chainsaws replaced booze too. Everyone i know basically gives me, or tries to sell me any and all parts, carcasses, etc. And now its just getting worse since now my local Stihl dealer calls me everytime someone brings a saw for repair, finds out how much its going to cost, and leaves it behind. I picked up 2 from the dealer in the last few days. Both worth the drive for sure...thats not what i started tne thread about, but is relevant because i did some networking, driving, talking on the phone, etc and ended up locating a NOS MS-260 pro...never even got fueled at the dealer when it was bought. I needed a 2nd work saw for my side jobs and firewood. I have a MS-362 that i bought a few months ago that i absolutely love, but it was my only work saw...i needed a lighter/backup saw just incase, and my partner that does my side jobs with me has a Poulan wild thing...its brand new, but cmon seriously? I just sold my 024...didnt cut it. I couldnt afford a 261 because my girlfriend lost her very well paid job recently, so now its all up to me on my tree guy salary, firewood, side jobs, and occasional chainsaw building/repair. None of which are booming right now, but i do need at least 2 reliable nice saws to make money. Now i am all set!!! And i have the perfect 2 saw combo. Exacly suited to my needs...i had some parts saws that he needed, and he had EXACTLY what i needed and wanted. Did some wheelin and dealin and got my BRAND NEW 260 pro for less than a big box store special!!! HERES THE IRONIC ENDING TO THE STORY......HE ENDED UP BEING AN "AS" MEMBER AND TURNS OUT WE ALREADY HAD MET RIGHT HERE!!! Not surprising i guess...he really, really did cut me a good deal on a beautiful saw. I will post pics as soon as i figure out how to.....

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING KR5258!!! Keep in touch, and ill do the same. Im still in shock about the whole situation. I took tons of pics, just have to figure out how to get them from my cell phone to here....

So i admittedly have CAD....the worst thing is, i have a lot of enablers. I work for a tree service and my boss gave me his last 20 or so years of junk saws. Most of them were truely junk, but i got a few good runners out of them. They all have been sold or donated to help in the cleanup of our random spurt of tornados in MA last year?!?! So thats where i think i caught it....oh yeah, and chainsaws replaced booze too. Everyone i know basically gives me, or tries to sell me any and all parts, carcasses, etc. And now its just getting worse since now my local Stihl dealer calls me everytime someone brings a saw for repair, finds out how much its going to cost, and leaves it behind. I picked up 2 from the dealer in the last few days. Both worth the drive for sure...thats not what i started tne thread about, but is relevant because i did some networking, driving, talking on the phone, etc and ended up locating a NOS MS-260 pro...never even got fueled at the dealer when it was bought. I needed a 2nd work saw for my side jobs and firewood. I have a MS-362 that i bought a few months ago that i absolutely love, but it was my only work saw...i needed a lighter/backup saw just incase, and my partner that does my side jobs with me has a Poulan wild thing...its brand new, but cmon seriously? I just sold my 024...didnt cut it. I couldnt afford a 261 because my girlfriend lost her very well paid job recently, so now its all up to me on my tree guy salary, firewood, side jobs, and occasional chainsaw building/repair. None of which are booming right now, but i do need at least 2 reliable nice saws to make money. Now i am all set!!! And i have the perfect 2 saw combo. Exacly suited to my needs...i had some parts saws that he needed, and he had EXACTLY what i needed and wanted. Did some wheelin and dealin and got my BRAND NEW 260 pro for less than a big box store special!!! HERES THE IRONIC ENDING TO THE STORY......HE ENDED UP BEING AN "AS" MEMBER AND TURNS OUT WE ALREADY HAD MET RIGHT HERE!!! Not surprising i guess...he really, really did cut me a good deal on a beautiful saw. I will post pics as soon as i figure out how to.....

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING KR5258!!! Keep in touch, and ill do the same. Im still in shock about the whole situation. I took tons of pics, just have to figure out how to get them from my cell phone to here....

great deal on a great saw..

I am now suffering from seperation anxiety. :msp_crying:

Yep, you got the coveted AS member discount. It's all about helping each other out. What goes around, comes around.

Now I NEED a 261 to replace my lost treasure.

Don't tell my wife....

P.S. - Ummmm, I changed my mind, can I have the saw back now???

Those are great saws. Ive said it before, the ergonomics are spot on. Fully adjustable carb, and ported muffler really woke mine up.

I am now suffering from seperation anxiety. :msp_crying:

Yep, you got the coveted AS member discount. It's all about helping each other out. What goes around, comes around.

Now I NEED a 261 to replace my lost treasure.

Don't tell my wife....

P.S. - Ummmm, I changed my mind, can I have the saw back now???

Not really, what you need is a 346xp! :msp_smile:

Just got my internet service back up...comcast is awful. I will be posting pictures tomorrow. I took a bunch. Ran the saw today, very nice. Thanks again Kevin...REALLY appreciate it. I would love to come down again when you have some time to play around. MM and tune on the 260 would be cool. I dropped my tach about a month ago and then stepped on it...my luck i guess. Ill call you tomorrow or something.

And troll....i mean seriously, do you have a wife? Girlfriend? Anything? Or just a pile of 346xp's that you sit around and admire. I domt know about norway or wherever you are from, but in the states, the 346xp is nothing special. I know every logger and tree guy in my area, and i dont know anyone that even owns one...372's yes, but around here we use what works the best for what we are doing. We do work and get things done, we dont just go around to everyone who has a different brand saw and shove ours in the others face. NO TIME FOR THAT CHILDISH STUFF. RUN WHAT YOU LIKE!!! NO NEED TO TELL EVERYONE WHO WORKS HARD AND PAYS GOOD MONEY FOR THE SAW THEY WANT THAT ITS NO GOOD! SERIOUSLY...

The 346xp is one hell of a saw. I am a pro tree guy and my two 50cc saws are a 346xp and a ms261, both great saws. 346 is great for limbing and the 261 blocks em' down before the big guns come out.

Congrats on the 260 btw, I've never run one myself. Always heard they were very light and easy handling but a little low on power with poor air filtration.

Thanks nails....yeah i am also a tree guy up here in the northeast. No better drug than adrenaline right? I have never run a 261 but at 3.75 hp, it is pretty impressive for a 50cc saw...i run a .325/16" with a Stihl RSC chain on my 260. I only ran one tank through it so far. I brought it to work today to do some limbing from the bucket. Ran and cut great, faster than i expected for its first tank of gas. Only going to get stronger. I think i might send it down to Randy in KY (Mastermind) for some porting. Then it will be a pretty lethal saw...i just about 100% use the company saws at work, but couldnt resist bringing it today. Generally my 362 and 260 pro stay at home...i use them for my side work and firewood production. I am VERY anal about keeping my saws looking nice and maintained. I spend upwards of an hour cleaning them everytime i use them.

Also, just so you know...i prefer Stihl myself. Its what i was brought up with...Ford Trucks, John Deere tractors, Arctic Cat sleds, AND Stihl Chainsaws. BUT...dont get me wrong, i have NOTHING bad to say about Husky's. Its mostly what i run at work: 338xpt, 365xt, 372xp, 576xp, 395xp, and 3120xp. We have in all seriousness had a bunch of manufacturing/quality control caused breakdowns...mostly with the 338xpt, and A LOT OF PROBLEMS with the 372xp's. Dont get me started...but im not going to go to EVERY thread and go out of my way to tell every Husky owner that their saw sucks, and Stihl rules. Im a little more mature than that...anyway, thanks for checking out my thread. Pics coming tomorrow.

Last edited:
Thanks nails....yeah i am also a tree guy up here in the northeast. No better drug than adrenaline right? I have never run a 261 but at 3.75 hp, it is pretty impressive for a 50cc saw...i run a .325/16" with a Stihl RSC chain on my 260. I only ran one tank through it so far. I brought it to work today to do some limbing from the bucket. Ran and cut great, faster than i expected for its first tank of gas. Only going to get stronger. I think i might send it down to Randy in KY (Mastermind) for some porting. Then it will be a pretty lethal saw...i just about 100% use the company saws at work, but couldnt resist bringing it today. Generally my 362 and 260 pro stay at home...i use them for my side work and firewood production. I am VERY anal about keeping my saws looking nice and maintained. I spend upwards of an hour cleaning them everytime i use them.

Also, just so you know...i prefer Stihl myself. Its what i was brought up with...Ford Trucks, John Deere tractors, Arctic Cat sleds, AND Stihl Chainsaws. BUT...dont get me wrong, i have NOTHING bad to say about Husky's. Its mostly what i run at work: 338xpt, 365xt, 372xp, 576xp, 395xp, and 3120xp. We have in all seriousness had a bunch of manufacturing/quality control caused breakdowns...mostly with the 338xpt, and A LOT OF PROBLEMS with the 372xp's. Dont get me started...but im not going to go to EVERY thread and go out of my way to tell every Husky owner that their saw sucks, and Stihl rules. Im a little more mature than that...anyway, thanks for checking out my thread. Pics coming tomorrow.

I went to Stihl from having Husky and J-red because of reliability, so I know what you are saying. I still have a 346xp and a ported 394.

Pics finally!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks Kevin, pics look good. Good time today, got to run some saws I would never get to play with around my area. Next time those logs will be split and stacked. Next few weeks. Keep in touch, thanks again.

Latest posts

Back