Craigslist 026 score!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PA Dan

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Answered a CL ad for a Stihl 026. Guy said it was his grandfather's saw and hasn't ran in years. He took it out of his basement and tried to start it with no luck. I met him today and looked it over. The piston and cylinder looked awesome! Compression was just under 150lbs. Muffler was very clean! I threw a new plug in it dumped out the old fuel and added fresh mix. The old fuel didn't smell nasty so not sure if it was stored with fuel or not. Tank looked spotless! It popped on about the 8th pull and started on the next! I let it warm up and gave it some throttle. No wood to try it in at the truck stop we met at. It bogged at full throttle. I shut it down and said ill take it then gave him his asking price of $75! It has an 18" bar with a .325 chain an a case! Did I do good?:D View attachment 302147View attachment 302148View attachment 302149

I took a pile of cedar trees down at a golf course I worked at years ago in TN, with an 026... didn't make much, but man was that fun loading up the tractor with that sweet smelling cedar. IMO the 026 is a classic.

Hey I feel bad for you getting taken on that deal

Ill give you $76 and pay shipping to me

I hate to see guys like you get taken advantage of

(That's totally awesome, nice find)

That's awesome...Great saw...I check out CL every now and then, but never seem to find any deals..There was a Dolmar on CL this weekend that looked new with case and they only wanted $80 for it...I just didn't recognize the model and if it was worth it...don't know enough about Dolmars, but it seemed like a great deal.
OH Yea almost Forgot.....You Suck...:laugh:

Latest posts

Back