Craigslist firewood OMG !

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm.........if there is a face, I can't see it coupled with the old sloping back cut.:hmm3grin2orange:

Almost looks like a wedge and a few whacks would be all it takes.:msp_thumbup:

You would think just looking at it would make it fall over.
Are you gonna get it?

If its still available here in a week or two I might..I'm actually full up with awesome CL finds right know.

This tree defied gravity.. It's around 24"-26" at shoulder height and can't have more than a 3"x6" section of uncut wood. It sways like crazy too..I was scared standing by it.

Hmmm.........if there is a face, I can't see it coupled with the old sloping back cut.:hmm3grin2orange:

Almost looks like a wedge and a few whacks would be all it takes.:msp_thumbup:

that's what I would do , wedge it and whack it ! if that doesn't work , start cutting a wedge out below where they cut and drop it , free wood is good wood !

Holy ####! That's a barber chair waiting to happen... if you do wedge it, do it from the side, at about a 45 degree angle... That could kill someone. This is why some people shouldn't TOUCH power equipment...:angry2:

I'd be afraid to throw a tag line over a limb to help pull it. The weight of the rope hanging over a limb might be enough to make it go. I'd also be afraid to wedge it. That little strap of wood could break off and the butt shoot straight down, and not tip. At that point it can go in any direction, and you have to be able to out run 32 feet per second squared, Joe.

I'd be afraid to throw a tag line over a limb to help pull it. The weight of the rope hanging over a limb might be enough to make it go. I'd also be afraid to wedge it. That little strap of wood could break off and the butt shoot straight down, and not tip. At that point it can go in any direction, and you have to be able to out run 32 feet per second squared, Joe.

That's my exact thought .This thing is perfectly balanced on that little "hinge".

If that was way out in the country and you could get away with it, looks to be a nice spot of remote rifle target shooting on that little hinge.

Yeah I think a couple wedges in the back cut and it would go over. I'm surprised it hasn't fallen or chaired on whoever cut it that far.

Problem is this tree stands in a super snotty suburb of Cincy and gun play and explosives use would be frowned upon. He'll, I bet they call the cops on me when I drive my ratty old dump truck into the subdivision .

Problem is this tree stands in a super snotty suburb of Cincy and gun play and explosives use would be frowned upon. He'll, I bet they call the cops on me when I drive my ratty old dump truck into the subdivision .

Rope and pull it over. About all you can do. I wouldn't cut on that thing.

For "F" sakes just go pound a wedge or 3 in to the sloping back cut and put that frigging thing on the ground!! :spam:

Latest posts

Back