Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huh, no mention about being licensed, bonded, insured... somebody quick go drop the thing and let it fall where it may.... then take off ;-)

Tree overhangs house, powerline, fence and 3 feet from neighbors house.

http://janesville.craigslist.org/zip/1267899679.html
free wood (Janesville)

If you get rid of this tree for me.

Doug

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

:monkey:

email this posting to a friend flint craigslist > for sale / wanted > motorcycles/scooters
please flag with care:

miscategorized

prohibited

spam/overpost

best of craigslist

Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
OFF-ROAD MINI ATV (LAPEER)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-07-17, 9:42AM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I HAVE THREE 2005 OFF-ROAD MINI ATV'S. THEY ONLY HAVE ABOUT 10-20 HOURS OF DRIVE TIME. THE BATTERY ON THEM DOES NEED TO BE RECHARCHED AFTER EACH USE, BUT I'M SURE THAT COULD EASILY BE FIXED. PRICE IS $1100 FOR ALL THREE OR $350 EACH.

PostingID: 1274420016

Copyright © 2009 craigslist, inc. terms of use privacy policy feedback forum

Free Firewood

http://martinsburg.craigslist.org/zip/1253359641.html

I have several trees in my yard that can be used for firewood, some that are oak. If you come and cut them down, it is yours absolutely free. I will provide help and will deal with the scrap, branches etc. You can just take what you'd like. There is not a lot of room to work with to get the trees down. It will probably require some climbing or a bucket truck and some ropes. House, and powerlines surround the area.

Sounds more to me like some city dweller who bought property and doesn't know how to/doesn't want to get their hands dirty. Sorry...I just have a beef against people who drive up the cost of land for those who would actually care for a place with their own two hands.

+ 1,000,000

We have lots of those "citiots" up here. More than doubled the cost of an acre of woodland so that they can post the land so no one hunts it, except them. The price has gotten so high that the locals are not able to buy it. Mostly goes to rich professionals that put a little RV or trailer house on it. Then, my favorite part......a few of the really nasty ones will walk the non-posted land beside theirs and drive the deer into their woods so they can have plenty of opportunities for shooting!

This guy really made me laugh.Not only does he want you to cut the tree down for free, he wants to keep the main stem!

I have 2 huge pine trees. 1 is 9ft around base. 1 is 12ft around base. (blount/knox)

Date: 2009-07-15, 12:38AM EDT

I am wanting someone who is licensed and insured to come cut down 2 huge pine trees and haul them off. Im tired of them dripping sap on my cars. All I want is 2 ten foot sections for me to keep. Thank you. Email [email protected]

PostingID: 1270654805

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/zip/1270654805.html

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/tls/1278114332.html

Big Power 22" Bad Boy CHAINSAW Poulan 3750 - $325 (mpls,)
Used on 2 trees in over 20 years, 2 jet Carb.and metal body

- - - - -
(that is probably valid, as the bright 'Poulan Bad Boy 22 Tim Allen signature series' paint is about perfect on the bar. If you are ready to move up from the Wild Thing, here's your chance. $325 is asking price for ONE, not a carton of 12..........)

kcj

Grand Rapids, Mn.

Only $50.00 takes all!

I'll bet he had to fight them off and take numbers.

Only $50.00 takes all!

I'll bet he had to fight them off and take numbers.

Oh man, I bet im too late.

attachment.php

+ 1,000,000

We have lots of those "citiots" up here. QUOTE]

The post I was commenting on was based around Hudson, WI... Most of the rural/recreational property over that way is being bought by well-to-do's out of MSP.

I've seen it all over WI. Growing up, every friday starting after Memorial Day, and ending on Labor Day, it was a non-stop stream of IL license plates headed north.

Now it's farms around my in-laws that are being bought up and the local young farmers are priced out of the market to start out on their own... Who pays $4000 per acre for hayfields? You can't work the land, maintain equipment, and feed your family with that millstone around your neck.

Here another one:

Free Wood (Downtown)
Date: 2009-07-24, 3:54PM EDT

A branch recently fell from a tree into my yard. I’m thinking that it could be used for firewood or sold or something.

It’s in two pieces. It’s 5” or 6” across at its widest point, and is more than 10’ long. I don’t want any money for the branch. I just want the person who takes it to take all of it (both pieces) off my property. 917-399-7817

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1287084023

Saw this listing:

WANTED: Grapple of hardwood - $1 (WEARE)

Thought I was in for a laugh but found it to be a typo:

I am looking for a grapple of firewood (8-14 cords). Please be prepared to answer questions, how much vs yield, and species. Exapmle: for sure it will yield ten cords, for $1,000.
Ok for mix but majority needs to be oak, hickory, hard maple, ash. NO PINE, COTTON, etc.

Thanks

What an awesome deal!!!

http://batonrouge.craigslist.org/zip/1283709630.html

Free Firewood

Date: 2009-07-22, 4:40PM CDT

I have free firewood, all you have too do is get it off my truck. I need to go to work, but I to have this tree removed from my truck . Sorry, but I can't delivery the wood..please hurry!!!!!

attachment.php

PostingID: 1283709630

CL Freewood

Ad states free firewood or cut it for milling. shows a huge tree about 20' from his house. He is looking for people to bid on this.

[email protected]

He got someone to give him $500 for it. So he says.

Ad states free firewood or cut it for milling. shows a huge tree about 20' from his house. He is looking for people to bid on this.

[email protected]

He got someone to give him $500 for it. So he says.

JJ,

Welcome to A.S. and thanks for sharing.

You need to copy the link from the header of the page that the C.L. ad is posted on if you want us to be able to see it; not the 'respond to' link (just generates an e-mail message to the poster).

It's even better if you copy and paste the text and photo, as the links dissapear as soon as the ad is deleted, and then nobody gets to enjoy them.

Philbert

CL free firewood

Hope this works better.

email this posting to a friend hudson valley craigslist > for sale / wanted > materials
please flag with care:

miscategorized
prohibited
spam/overpost
best of craigslist
Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
Large Oak for mill or firewood (Chester, NY)
Date: 2009-07-28, 11:32AM EDT

70 ft Tall Oak needs to come down. This tree is good for a saw mill or firewood. Make me an offer and you can come and cut it down. There's easy access to the tree.
914-584-7073

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

image 1293204341-0 image 1293204341-1

PostingID: 1293204341

* Copyright © 2009 craigslist, inc.
* terms of use
* privacy policy
* feedback forum

Back