Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope this works better.

Large Oak for mill or firewood (Chester, NY)
Date: 2009-07-28, 11:32AM EDT

70 ft Tall Oak needs to come down. This tree is good for a saw mill or firewood. Make me an offer and you can come and cut it down. There's easy access to the tree.

attachment.php

At least it's free:

free wood (brooklyn center)
Date: 2009-07-27, 6:46PM CDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

bark from large tree. good for camp fire or at home cook out fire. call 763 561 3392 it is very dry

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1292333567

In Los Angeles? I would not be real surprised to see him get that. In that areas there's lots of money, not a lot of sense, and not much oak close in.

http://batonrouge.craigslist.org/zip/1283709630.html

Free Firewood

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-07-22, 4:40PM CDT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have free firewood, all you have too do is get it off my truck. I need to go to work, but I to have this tree removed from my truck . Sorry, but I can't delivery the wood..please hurry!!!!!

attachment.php

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1283709630

I don't get it, its allready on his truck so why can't he deliver?

NIB Homelite 14' chainsaw - $80 (N. Subs)

Date: 2009-08-09, 12:52PM CDT

For Sale: Brand new in box 14' homelite chainsaw. I took this chainsaw in payment for a debt and don't need it. Call 6xxxx $80.00 CASH

Puts Brads bar to shame......
and a very large box.

Need 4 cords of firewood. Will pay 60$ per cord or OBO - $240 (Adams County)

Date: 2009-08-05, 8:33AM EDT

My Firewood guy from last year fell through on me and isn't selling this year. I need 4 cords in addition to what I have now to make it through the winter.
I will pay $60 per cord for split hard wood, delivered to my house in Adams County. Last year I payed $45 a cord, so I think this is a pretty fair deal.
All you need to do is dump it in my backyard, I don't need it stacked.

Just FYI, a cord is 4'x4'x8' and 128 cubic feet. Dealing in anything besides cords or portions there of can get you in trouble with the Ohio board of weights and measures. So please do not contact me about "ricks" or "face cords".
From experience I know I can get a half cord STACKED into the back of my full size 8 foot bed pickup, so don't be a shiester and show up with a pickup and call it a cord either.

If your interested, please email me.

PostingID: 1306787748

OMG!!!
This guy is "willing" to pay $60 A CORD for HARDWOOD but you "better not rip him off" because he is informing you that he looked up what a cord of wood is on Wikipedia and so now being an expert you are ON NOTICE ?????!!!!
On a similar note, I am willing to pay $30 for a used 372XP but it better be LIKE NEW and in PERFECT running CONDITION!!!!
Bet his inbox will be stuffed full of desperate people who are dying to get rid of all their awful hardwood this season.....what a joke!

I replied to the ad:

Just wanted to say I read your ad for $60 a cord for hardwood and I havent laughed that hard in weeks. Thanks, I needed that!!! You are quite the comedian!!!

Bob

Last edited:
RENT my 12 ton wood splitter for the day $100, two days $150 or the week $250.

3nb3pb3l0ZZZZZZZZZ97r6ed3f87c25031142.jpg

I'm sure the 12 ton probably is just ideal for some people. I don't know who those people would be, but there's gotta be someone.

I just envision a lot of folks renting to handle some bigger / gnarlier stuff and going :confused: when it stalls.

---------
I do see a guy in Massachusetts who rents himself out with his Timberwolf for $35/hour, 2-1/2 hour minimum. I think if I lived near him that would be a heck of deal to save up my big ones that resist hand splitting and bring him in every year or two.

goldoak.jpg

:dizzy::monkey::dizzy:...That's double my price and I deliver free locally...:dizzy:

If he'll give me that price, minus a small seller's fee, I'll bring him a truckload every day on the way to work, and he won't even have to cut the stuff, just sit on the lawn chair and collect the cash!

Tried to rep ya, but you're on the waiting list.

I was amused by this fella's sales pitch -- create a sense of urgency and that he's ready to sell firewood at, well, fire sale prices.

I need too raise 1200 fast, had unexpected auto repairs this month and need to pay childsupport before the wonderful Mass DOR-CSE levies my checking account. So what does this mean you are asking your self. I have Rock maple and oak that has been IM my possession for 2 years, so this wood is mint for burning. All cut too 18" and split. I usually get 350 a cord but this week special is 300 a cord and Free delivery unless u live over 20miles from Billerica. So hurry up cad get your order in before the price goes back up. call xxx-xxx-xxxx if you get answering machine PLEASE leave your name and # and how much wood u want. ill get back too you ASAP i bight not hear you IM running a splitter

$300 actually isn't bad for his area I don't believe -- Billerica is one of the outer towns of the inner suburbs of metro Boston, so they can charge a city premium in the area. Definitely not the desperation prices you see in other parts of the country!

Sounds like most of the hard work is already been done!

Free firewood (you cut) (nevada)
Date: 2009-08-10, 8:45PM CDT
Reply to: see below

I have a large tree that needs to be cut. You keep the firewood in exchange for cutting tree. It has already broken at the base and is leaning on some other trees . Please call 214-293-9542

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1316694979

Back