Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:greenchainsaw:

Date: 2009-08-25, 12:11PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

I have about a 5 foot log that needs to be cut up so i can throw it away. Just need someone w/ a chainsaw to cut it up. should only take about 15 mins. $20. Would like it done today. I have a picture i can send in an email. Call or email. 315 529 xxxx

* Compensation: 20
* Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
* Please, no phone calls about this job!
* Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

PostingID: 1341458290

I have about a 5 foot log that needs to be cut up so i can throw it away. Just need someone w/ a chainsaw to cut it up. should only take about 15 mins. $20. Would like it done today. I have a picture i can send in an email. Call or email. 315 529 xxxx

* Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

Hell that's not a laugh... that's FUN!!!

time to make the cookies:cheers:

Oak logs:

http://wausau.craigslist.org/art/1321975350.html

Date: 2009-08-13, 9:54PM CDT

Oak Logs. felled tree this spring. Got any ideas what you can do with a big hunk of oak ?

Log 1. 20"x 6.5" $50 can cut in half or quarter etc....
Log 2. 12"x 4' $35 " " " " "

I hate to burn the good stuff! How about some chain saw sculpture. A crafty bench.....

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

image 1321975350-0
3na3m33l45O95Pa5Rd98d4619b7a75ac81b61.jpg

By my math, that's less than 1/4 cord of wood after cut and split - 18 cu ft as it sits - so 85*4=$340/cord ... maybe I should sell this way? Of course, some aspiring chainsaw artist will probably gladly pay that for it.

It's funny how the market is in different areas. I recently posted an ad on CL trying to sell about a half of a dump trailer full of all oak limbs for $50 delivered and didn't get one single call or email about it.

http://jackson.craigslist.org/hsh/1344098091.html

I already have more than enough firewood to sell all winter long but I just hate to throw away good wood like this.

I haven't decided if I'm going to cut it up or just get rid of it.

I actually have about that much more from a job I just did all red oak limbs.

that equipment for growing indoors is for a hydroponic setup and the ballast alone start at 600.00

Not to be too argumentative about it - maybe the specific equipment the dude was willing to trade for was that expensive - but I just saw someone selling New In Box hydroponic setup for $40 on CL... :confused:

Either way. I'm just a skeptic conspiracy theorist. :monkey:

Free Firewood - cut down tree (South Minneapolis)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-08-30, 10:01PM CDT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sitting on our boulevard in front of 214 E 58th Street, Minneapolis, MN. Just cut down parts of trees. Will delete posting when gone.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Yowza. In the city, and probably a city owned tree no less - given that it says it's on the boulevard....

That address is in part of the city that was hit by a tornado about a week ago. Stacking debris on the boulevard is common practice as the city clean up contractors are usually not allowed to enter onto private property after a storm/tornado/flood. Not sure if he missed the free pickup that the city provided or was just offering it to make it available.

Philbert

Last edited:
for sale: seasoned (1 yr 1 m) hard maple log, about 24' long, 5' around at the top, 8' around near the bottom...this broke off a giant maple tree during a storm last july (2008)...i'd say almost 1 cord firewood, or could be milled for boards,,,,very heavy, very hard, very nice color and patterns...you cut up and haul away...$200/bo

i also have some seasoned red pine logs from a tree that fell at the same time...i was thinking $5 per 8 foot log (most over 8" diameter)...price negotiable based on quantity...

3k53p23lf5Oa5Qa5Rf991e430c993d7a21c3d.jpg

That address is in part of the city that was hit by a tornado about a week ago. Stacking debris on the boulevard is common practice as the city clean up contractors are usually not allowed to enter onto private property after a storm/tornado/flood. Not sure if he missed the free pickup that the city provided or was just offering it to make it available.

Philbert

Ya know I think i misread it. I was thinking they wanted it "just cut down" but reading your comment, I now think it WAS just cut down. My oops.

Not firewood, but should elicit a snicker:

Ostrich egg business, need business partner to expand business

Date: 2009-09-08, 10:09AM CDT

Looking for a business partner to expaned my ostrich egg business. I will be supplying a nation wide food store chain, with 6,200 eggs pre month, for a gross of $183,000.00 pre month, unlinited growth for future. Funds to be used to expand my farm to handle the volume of eggs needed. For more infomation call 251-960-1330. Thanks, Ron

I've had a few Craig's list gems.

The most memorable was the one for "Free Hardwood." I called and found out there was another fellow already looking at it. Oh well, then I was told if he didn't feel comfortable dropping it I could have the wood. What??

Ok! I'm new to this list. I was looking for info on an OWB and happen to stop here for a few laughs. I thought I've seen it all until a read a few of these. if he didn't feel comfortable dropping it I could have the wood. Gott'a be kidding...

Latest posts

Back