Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
linebergert

linebergert

ArboristSite Lurker
found this one CL Tulsa

Bring by your cut dry wood, and use my gas wood splitter to split it(here at my house). I provide the fuel and splitter and will help as much as I can(my arm is in a sling).......my fee is some of your wood. If interested, let me know how much wood you are wanting to split, and how much you are offering to use my splitter. Splitter is NOT for sale.

tnxm

ArboristSite Member
Found this one today while checking up on some competitors. He is selling a cord of seasoned oak split and delivered for 100.00. I asked him if he just threw it in the truck it in the truck, or if he measured it, explaining that a cord wont fit in a standard truck bed. His response

"yes i still have fire wood and yes a full cord will fit in a 5 foot wide by 6 foot long by 4 foot high bed i now have a 7.7 foot wide by 8.7 foot long by 4 foot high flat bed i put wood in and yes its all split i have been doing this for years half a truck load is $100 and $ 200 for a full load thats in the flat bed and we do measure the wood so everyone gets the same amount thank you or asking"

May have a go at it and see how it pans out, I could turn around in an hour and make 200.00 out of it if its truly a cord. Highly doubt it though

WetBehindtheEar
"i now have a 7.7 foot wide by 8.7 foot long by 4 foot high flat bed i put wood in ..."

I'm a little confused as to how a flat bed could be 4 feet high... Yes, I know that you put stake sides on but still...

The guy seems more than a little illiterate what with the runon sentences and no punctuation.

banshee67

banshee67

Poulan Wild Thang
since when was an old garage roof considered firewood!?

http://allentown.craigslist.org/zip/1632546097.html

"FREE FIRE WOOD and more (Bangor, PA)
Date: 2010-03-07, 10:05AM EST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

I am tearing down a garage, that the roof had collapsed during our heavy snows
Have removed most of the second floor, and it is at ground level.
Bring a truck, take what you want.

Also many slate, some in good condition, some not so good.

small amount of metal rain spout, old, copper i think. and other metal.

hop up bingo vending game
ALL FREE COME TAKE IT.
I will help load "

- at least hell help load, huh>?:dizzy:

kgreer

kgreer

ArboristSite Operative
object>

the pointy end is a bit close to some sensitive body parts......hate to have them 'split'

Yeah, you'd really be "screwed" then!

banshee67

banshee67

Poulan Wild Thang
holy hell that has the be the worst splitter ive ever seen.. not just from a safety standpoint.. i could outsplit that thing 5 fold with a hand maul.. its slow as helL! what are they thinking?

cableguy256

cableguy256

ArboristSite Operative
apparently this guy hasn't priced saws in a long time.... or there's someone out there looking for this exact saw?

HOMELITE MODEL 26 CHAINSAW - $300

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-02-24, 9:08PM EST

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a big old homelite chainsaw, first manufactured 1954. it has a 4hp. 2cycle engine, i have not had it started for about 6yrs. now, but it did run. call 740-633-0245 if any questions or to make offer, not firm on price.

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1616660172

banjobart

banjobart

ArboristSite Operative
Needs no caption

seasond fire wood 3 really big trees - $200 (dewitt/n lansing)

Date: 2010-03-08, 7:59PM EST

these 3 really big trees were cut down this last summer i was going to cut into smaller peices and split but i just dont have the time so if intrested come and get it . you have to haul it away its all hard wood 3 were oak and 1 was a birch tree
if intrested give me a call 517-507-7800

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

banjobart

banjobart

ArboristSite Operative
Notice that the operator of the screw is only using his left hand while his right hand appears to be bandaged up under his blue jump suit. That's why he gives the wood an assist with his crotch, as a substitute for his right hand. Maybe his right hand had an accident yesterday while splitting wood? Replace your right hand with your ####? I think not.

BlueRidgeMark

BlueRidgeMark

Addicted to ArboristSite
Uh, wouldn't that be "brandishing"??

I think somebody might get arrested over this. Cops take unholstered weapons very seriously!

Even easy chairs! :dizzy:

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/zip/1634909999.html

Chair(unholstered) (Fairfax)

Date: 2010-03-08, 6:22PM EST
Reply to: [email protected]

Contemporary style. Oatmeal colored, textured fabric In good condition. No stains or pet issues. Pick up by appt. only

attachment.php

:hmm3grin2orange:

1harlowr

1harlowr

ArboristSite Operative
Oak tree, I mean oak wood

oak wood (canton)
Date: 2010-03-08, 7:58PM EST

there is an oak tree trunk that i wanted to know if anyone wanted. it is dead and would make great firewood and would work great for a woodburner next year. please i just need it gone. i know it is worth a lot if sold to a lumber mill just needs gone. 330-933-8384 joshua

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1635058744

Latest posts