Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This gave me a good chuckle...

Oak firewood unseasoned for sale - $60 (El Paso)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-03-20, 8:00PM CDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just cut down a huge oak tree, will sell by pick-up truck load which is approx. 1/2 cord. Will sell for less if purchaser cuts and splits themselves.
We also have a solid oak trunk that measures 6 feet wide (15 foot around) and 16 ft long (high), great for furniture or sculpting. Make offer!
Can email pictures of the trunk if needed.

I'll be right over so I can pay you to clean up your yard... :buttkick:

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/wan/1654928998.html

"I am in need of a free used GAS POWERED chainsaw. I would like something with a 14" to18" bar if possible. Thankyou "

You're quite welcome, and, please, come on over and take your pick of my saws!:monkey:

LOL...oh darn...I have one with a 12 and one with a 20" so i guess I'm out.

I Have a plastic Homelite HD special I picked up free with a case..he can have the saw...i'll keep the case :)

love the requirements for the 'free' saw.

i just typed a bit about this lady im dealing with from craigslist, hit enter and saw how much i typed, boy was i ranting! lol

to make a long story short, i got this lady emailing me over and over lying about her adress to try and save $10 on a delivery fee, then after we agree on a price, she lets me know she actually doesnt live where she says she lived (same town as me) but thats just where her mailing address is!
she gave me a huge sob story about how she is a single mother, in every single email she mentions her marital status for some reason.. i cant stand these craigslist tire kickers. i gave her my phone # 5 times and she still emails and doesnt call, totally ignores it.. if she doesnt call, im not giving her any wood. shes already lied about where she lives.. enough is enough.. these people treat wood sellers like we are the morons of society and will do anything they request, including accept their lies, just to make a couple dollars, i dont even have 1/2 cords advertised, but told her id do one for her anyway because of her big sob story, then she comes out and tells me she lied about her address and said she lives in my town, when she doesnt? what am i . some kind of idiot !? these people amaze me

Last edited:
i just typed a bit about this lady im dealing with from craigslist, hit enter and saw how much i typed, boy was i ranting! lol

to make a long story short, i got this lady emailing me over and over lying about her adress to try and save $10 on a delivery fee, then after we agree on a price, she lets me know she actually doesnt live where she says she lived (same town as me) but thats just where her mailing address is!
she gave me a huge sob story about how she is a SINGLE MOTHER, in every single email she mentions her marital status for some reason.. i cant stand these craigslist tire kickers. i gave her my phone # 5 times and she still emails and doesnt call, totally ignores it.. if she doesnt call, I'M NOT GIVING HER ANY WOOD!. shes already lied about where she lives.. enough is enough.. these people treat wood sellers like we are the morons of society and will do anything they request, including accept their lies, just to make a couple dollars, i dont even have 1/2 cords advertised, but told her id do one for her anyway because of her big sob story, then she comes out and tells me she lied about her address and said she lives in my town, when she doesnt? what am i . some kind of idiot !? these people amaze me

Does this seem poorly though out to anyone else?:laugh:

If you don't want to give a single mother "The Wood", you could at least support her, $1 at a time! Find out which club she works! Only one reason I can think of she would adamantly repeat her "marital status!" :bang:

she gave me a huge sob story about how she is a single mother, in every single email she mentions her marital status for some reason.. i cant stand these craigslist tire kickers. i gave her my phone # 5 times and she still emails and doesnt call, totally ignores it.. if she doesnt call, im not giving her any wood. shes already lied about where she lives.. enough is enough.. these people treat wood sellers like we are the morons of society and will do anything they request, including accept their lies, just to make a couple dollars, i dont even have 1/2 cords advertised, but told her id do one for her anyway because of her big sob story, then she comes out and tells me she lied about her address and said she lives in my town, when she doesnt? what am i . some kind of idiot !? these people amaze me

Ihave had a couple do that to me,then say well how much if i come pick it up,i have had about 4 call and say well i can get it cheaper somewhere else,i ask them well what are you doing on the phone with me then, one told me well its 40 miles away , i said well ok then end of discussion

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/grd/1659388905.html
Black walnut tree trunk - $50 (malvern)
Date: 2010-03-24, 2:57PM EDT

I need to have a large black walnut tree removed and there is a 30inch or so diameter trunk about 10 feet long suitable for planking, is anyone interested? Tree isn't cut down yet but I am trying to find out if there is any value to the wood rather than chipping it up. Minimum bid is $50, will go to the highest. Thanks,

That's a little far to drive from Ks . I'd be more tempted if it was next to his house, over some power lines and he had a new caddy in the drive. Anybody in on this one if I get videos and his look after it lands on a target as I walk away from it. ?

Just kidding , but it IS the thought that counts , Right ?

just dropped this wood off tonight after work
the girl was actually younger than me (im only 26), and i bought her story at first,, untill i was instructed to park next to the 2004+ dodge cummins 2500 and dump the wood there! single mother my ass! unless your little ass is driving that huge cummins, i doubt it! the honda accord coupe in the driveway looked more your style! :dizzy: .. oh well

free wood !
http://cnj.craigslist.org/zip/1660597486.html

3kf3o63pd5Z45W45U3a3p6b65a11d55451474.jpg

3n73pb3la5T35U45X5a3p64f29026a17416ca.jpg

Not CL, but still funny...

take a look at the questions...LMAO!!

"Questions and answers about this item

Q: will it mount on a mac 3200
A: No it will not only for the larger saws
Mar 27, 2010 "

a 32" bar on a 32cc saw...that'll cut something..

J

so another email, from some craigslist douche, real condescending email asking me if i knew what a cord of wood was, then gives me the dimensions of a cord, which he was not even correct on, and then asks ifs each piece is going to be 18", then instructs me that i may deliver at 3 because hes a school teacher. this is the same as the cops, school teachers and cops i have found are the 2 professions that seem to always let you know their profession even when its totally unnecessary , anyway.. to make a long story short, i am fed up with these emails from these losers on craigslist, school teachers or not.. these people would never dream of acting they way they do if they wernt contacting me through email.. this email just pushed me over the edge, after breaking my fog light and scratching the #### ouf of the front end on my truck today, backing my trailer into a tree and caving the wheel well in puncturing the tire and making it unable to even change it, leaving it stranded 50 miles from my house, i finally had it, it was one craigslist ********** email too many. i put my phone number up in my ads for a reason, i give them the option, 90% of the time, the email customers are the weird ones. i could tell right away this guy was gona be more trouble than he was worth, heres a copy of my response back to him;

"thank you for letting me know what a "full" cord is, i understand a cord is a 128 cubic feet.
if it were two stacks like you describe , 4' high , 8 ' long and 18" pieces, that would not be a full cord of wood. the only way to make a full cord out of 2 stacks that are 4x8' is to have 24" long pieces of wood and no one wants that. for your second question, no the logs are not cut to 18", they are from 16"-20", i dont think anyone breaks out the tape measure
see the good thing about giving top quality wood, and big full cords, is that word spreads and i get swamped with orders every month and can easily afford to push off picky customers that want to insult my integrity assuming i am going to rip them off before even talking to me. this is how us uneducated college dropouts do business. i get numerous emails each month with people taking the same approach to me, assuming as if im going to rip them off, before even talking to me. and i tell each of them the same thing. find your wood somewhere else."

-im sorry but it was the straw that broke the camels back! im sure i speak for all firewood sellers, specially ones who advertise on craigslist. some of these people are pigs and treat you like dirt and think they can get away with it!
DENIED
no black locust for you my friend! you lose! :greenchainsaw::greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
so another email, from some craigslist douche, real condescending email asking me if i knew what a cord of wood was, then gives me the dimensions of a cord, which he was not even correct on, and then asks ifs each piece is going to be 18", then instructs me that i may deliver at 3 because hes a school teacher. this is the same as the cops, school teachers and cops i have found are the 2 professions that seem to always let you know their profession even when its totally unnecessary , anyway.. to make a long story short, i am fed up with these emails from these losers on craigslist, school teachers or not.. these people would never dream of acting they way they do if they wernt contacting me through email.. this email just pushed me over the edge, after breaking my fog light and scratching the #### ouf of the front end on my truck today, backing my trailer into a tree and caving the wheel well in puncturing the tire and making it unable to even change it, leaving it stranded 50 miles from my house, i finally had it, it was one craigslist ********** email too many. i put my phone number up in my ads for a reason, i give them the option, 90% of the time, the email customers are the weird ones. i could tell right away this guy was gona be more trouble than he was worth, heres a copy of my response back to him;

"thank you for letting me know what a "full" cord is, i understand a cord is a 128 cubic feet.
if it were two stacks like you describe , 4' high , 8 ' long and 18" pieces, that would not be a full cord of wood. the only way to make a full cord out of 2 stacks that are 4x8' is to have 24" long pieces of wood and no one wants that. for your second question, no the logs are not cut to 18", they are from 16"-20", i dont think anyone breaks out the tape measure
see the good thing about giving top quality wood, and big full cords, is that word spreads and i get swamped with orders every month and can easily afford to push off picky customers that want to insult my integrity assuming i am going to rip them off before even talking to me. this is how us uneducated college dropouts do business. i get numerous emails each month with people taking the same approach to me, assuming as if im going to rip them off, before even talking to me. and i tell each of them the same thing. find your wood somewhere else."

-im sorry but it was the straw that broke the camels back! im sure i speak for all firewood sellers, specially ones who advertise on craigslist. some of these people are pigs and treat you like dirt and think they can get away with it!
DENIED
no black locust for you my friend! you lose! :greenchainsaw::greenchainsaw:

But but but he's a teacher. Figures he don't know what a cord is. Most teachers are book smart and struggle with outdoors type stuff.:cheers:

Can someone please clean up these folks yard for free.

Tree removal (Desoto)
Date: 2010-03-27, 11:03AM CDT

I am wanting to know if there is anyone in the area that does tree removal for the wood. I have a Cedar tree and a ? tree (produces small pine cones). In my front yard next to the road. I am looking for someone experienced, but who can remove the trees for the wood (in exchange). y husband has been cutting the smaller trees in the yard, but these 2 are rather tall. If you need more information please email me and I will get back with you. Thanks

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1663890377

But but but he's a teacher. Figures he don't know what a cord is. Most teachers are book smart and struggle with outdoors type stuff.:cheers:

Whose ears are burning red now.........:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Im going to start putting in terms they can understand next time,something like this. You have 2 large trees near you house/barn and you want me to take them down cut them up split the wood with you and then pay you for my half..ok so for taking the trees down it will be $x and for the splitting it will be $x so my half of the wood is this much that mean you owe me $895. Or you pay a pro to drop them and Ill come back for free and take what I want. Still wanna deal?

take a look at the questions...LMAO!!

"Questions and answers about this item

Q: will it mount on a mac 3200
A: No it will not only for the larger saws
Mar 27, 2010 "

a 32" bar on a 32cc saw...that'll cut something..

J

DUH! stupid me forgot to add the link:
Will this fit my little saw...

Now we have someone that wants to put a 32" bar on a 60cc saw...lol

Latest posts

Back