Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might as well keep this going with a gem

Hot off of the press. Should I troll it? ;)

We have firewood!!!! what do you have?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: [email protected] [?]
Date: 2008-10-13, 6:32PM PDT

We have tons of wood, some stacked, cut etc. Lots that needs to be split/cut/stacked. 13 acres of woods, piles of logs, felled tree's. All of it seasoned at least a year if not more, burns great!

We are willing to barter wood for your manual labor- you split/cut/stack etc and earn wood OR we need lots of help around the property, stacking hay, digging a ditch, building fences and putting up new walls in the barn.

We are also in the market for home improvment, we need carpet laid (We have the carpet) we need electrical work done, etc.

We are also expecting a baby and need baby items, it's a girl, need everything baby-related!

We also want a digital camera and would be interested in other electronics.

We love to barter, need lots of help, so try us!!!
Email for phone #

Hot off of the press. Should I troll it? ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have tons of wood, some stacked, cut etc. Lots that needs to be split/cut/stacked. 13 acres of woods, piles of logs, felled tree's. All of it seasoned at least a year if not more, burns great!

We are willing to barter wood for your manual labor- you split/cut/stack etc and earn wood OR we need lots of help around the property, stacking hay, digging a ditch, building fences and putting up new walls in the barn.

We are also in the market for home improvment, we need carpet laid (We have the carpet) we need electrical work done, etc.

We are also expecting a baby and need baby items, it's a girl, need everything baby-related!

Email for phone #

I can see the "YARD BOY" title coming back with this one. :dizzy:

remove our large fir tree(lisc/bonded)for free firewood - $1 (olympia)

Date: 2008-10-14, 10:52AM PDT

we have a very large fir tree that is buckling up our driveway, plus a few other smaller fir trees. Looking for someone liscensed/bonded (will need to be cut down in pieces) in exchange for the free firewood. Serious, bonded, inquiries only. This will be alot of wood for someone in need of firewood.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 878973797

Regarding the 6 cord from one tree post:

I've seen these. A lawn customer of mine had an enormous white oak get struck by lightning and then fell during one major storm a number of years back. It was easily 5 feet plus in diameter. We had a logger saw it up for us, and we split and stacked it for the customer. Easily got 5 cord out of it. A neighbor kept coming over and taking wood, so not sure what the final tally was, but the customer ended up with ALOT of wood from this one tree.

I see these all the time on CL here...

Licensed and insured arborist to cut trees (for free) in exchange for firewood, yadda yadda. Its a disease going around Craigslist I think. For some reason they think that SHOUTING in all caps is better. The last one wants a bucket truck as well. Yah know, free firewood for intensive labor and tens of thousands of dollars worth of equipment. I flagged that one for removal. Jerks...

Several on CL in the PDX area this week:

>>>
HERE IS ALOT OF FIREWOOD FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS IT, THIS TREE IS A NEUSANCE TO ME AND ALL MY NEIGHBORS, IF YOU CUT IT DOWN AND CUT IT UP AND REMOVE IT ITS YOURS FREE. i WILL DEAL WITH THE STUMP. CALL FOR DETAILS 503-875-xxxx note: must be insured and licenced to remove or cut down the tree,and sign a letter of responisibilty for any damage, if any. Playarea is removed out of the way.
>>>

>>
THERE ARE ABOUT 16 FIR TREES AT ABOUT 25 TO 30 FEET TALL AND ANOTHER BIG TREE THAT IS HOLLOW ON THE INSIDE. (HEALTHY NOT ROTTON) IT PRODUCES HUGE LEAVES, VERY COOL BUT IT HAS TOO GO. ITS ABOUT THREE FEET IN DIAM AT THE BASE AND 30 TO 40 FEET TALL. YOU DONT HAVE TO CUT THE BASE, BUT TAKE IT IF YOU CAN CUT IT.
PLEASE ONLY LIC AND INSURED ABORIST. THESE TREES ARE ALL TOO CLOSE TO MY HOUSE TO RISK. ALSO IM LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH A CHIPPER TO CUT THEM, BECAUSE THERE WILL BE ALOT OF LIMBS TO GO TOO.
>>

>
We have approximately 4 to 5 trees that need to be cut down. I beleive 2 will require a bucket truck or climbing gear in order to bring down. Our yard has not been landscaped yet so you can bring whatever you need to get them down without fear of tearing up the yard. All the trees are about 3 foot in diameter. I do not know what kind of trees these are. For more info or directions and to arrange a time to stop by call 971-344-xxxx--And hey in today's economic hardtimes why not cut them down and sell the wood?
Please do not call me if you are tree service and want to charge me! Thanks for looking.
>

Last edited:
Decided to Respond / Troll

Email for phone #

What I sent
Hello,

Iʼm curious as to what you mean by this. Would you be willing to exchange wood if I were to cut some for you? Letʼs say you have a 5 cord pile and I cut / split a cord of it for you, would I be able to keep the rest for myself?

Thanks,

Will

Their reply
Holy crap, NO! everyone else is willing to do it for 50/50 or less (We get 2 cords for every one they keep)

My latest reply
LOL. Good luck with that

Last edited:
not a laugh BUTTTT

found a good ad today 50/50 split on wood from a 300 acre lot all downed hard woods 3 miles from my house. Here is the kicker property is owned by a single woman who dose not own a saw or any other equipment for firewood processing so the deal is this : she has a small wood stove that will only take a 5in dia log 14in long so I go to her property cut up all the downed and standing dead trees pile up everything that is 5in or less and I take the rest :jawdrop: property holds +/- 150 cords of prime dead wood, oh and she will pay for my saw gas and bar oil. Almost skipped over this one when I seen the 50/50 split in the title but 3 miles was worth a look. Will post some pictures later, this place is a goldmine

I can't remember who it was posted very early on in this thread but it makes tons of sense. "It's not firewood until it's bucked, split, and seasoned." (I think I added seasoned in my mind)

It's not firewood until its cut, split and stacked on my property. Until then its debris from a job that must be disposed of.

I know at least a dozen BLM places that I can salvage all the wood I want to for free around here. Well, free plus the gas and BLM license (maybe $20 a cord). I also know of a half dozen places that I can salvage cull logs and slash piles from clear cuts. I also know a few people that want me to cut trees down and take all the wood for myself. They just want the trees taken down. We got 3-4 cords of alder here this year for free, guy a mile down the road dropped a few alders and wanted them bucked up and removed. Took all of 2 hours to get it over here, and the deal was done over a handshake.

None of this license, insured/bonded, arborist willing to sign for damages ahead of time and use the bucket truck and chipper/shredder just for firewood crap. I also get all the chipper chips that I need dumped here from several local arborist companies. Good for the bamboos and yard and as mulch. I sold my Bandit chipper last year. Maybe I should have kept it and used it to make people happy on CL running it for *free*.

What a friggin' joke...

found a good ad today 50/50 split on wood from a 300 acre lot all downed hard woods 3 miles from my house. Here is the kicker property is owned by a single woman who dose not own a saw or any other equipment for firewood processing so the deal is this : she has a small wood stove that will only take a 5in dia log 14in long so I go to her property cut up all the downed and standing dead trees pile up everything that is 5in or less and I take the rest :jawdrop: property holds +/- 150 cords of prime dead wood, oh and she will pay for my saw gas and bar oil. Almost skipped over this one when I seen the 50/50 split in the title but 3 miles was worth a look. Will post some pictures later, this place is a goldmine

LOL, that will keep you busy for the next 100 years. :clap:

I guess compared to the little bundles you see in the stores, $25 for a wheelbarrow full of split oak is a bargain! :D

Date: 2008-10-14, 9:31PM PDT

i am looking for free a old tractor runing or not and a old dump truck runing or not of you have any thing i can use let me know i dont care of is a big tractor or small one same for the dump truck all so looking for a free camper trailer i have some thing to trade here thing i have to trade
2 eng stands/big dill press/tow bar/some hand tools/computer parts

PostingID: 879775800

Copyright © 2008 craigslist, inc. terms of use privacy policy feedback forum

i am looking for free a old tractor runing or not and a old dump truck runing or not of you have any thing i can use let me know i dont care of is a big tractor or small one same for the dump truck all so looking for a free camper trailer i have some thing to trade here thing i have to trade

Free dump truck and tractor?sign me up!
Its amazing what people will ask for. A few months ago I ran across an add on Craigs list, the woman wanted a free car, but she didnt want anything that needed some work done on it, and the A/C had to work.

That's strange, just this morning I saw the same wanted posing on our local "Freecycle" hhmmmm. Must be two people looking for the dump truck.

Steph

Thats to bad I just gave away all my free Dumptrucks and free tractors.. Darn..

I love it when people ask for things for free.. Espically when they have a list of requirements for these free items..

This is a good one.

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/zip/882970870.html

free free free (cleveland)
Date: 2008-10-17, 2:11PM EDT

Free set of encyclopidias, in very good shape. just don't need them any longer. i just got married and the ##### knows everything!!!

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 882970870

Made me laugh!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back