Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tree work for work truck (cleveland area)
Reply to: [email protected] [?]
Date: 2009-01-14, 9:47AM EST

will do some tree work for a decent work truck, tree cant be by house no insurance. 216-862-8561

There is the add mentioned. Before it disappears.

someone posted this on CL a few days ago...

"Let me get this right.... You want to have some PAY you to cut down your tree and haul it off" :monkey:

046, It could be worse ! They could dig into your lunch box for ham sandwiches and fresh baked cookies while you are working. Then expect an hour or more worth of stories from you too.

"Hey !!!! all you had here is bologna and generic vanilla creams ! Wheres the keys ? your cab is locked, I'm still thirsty and your water jug is empty !"

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/grd/1007969998.html

Reply to: [email protected] [?]
Date: 2009-01-26, 7:32AM EST

Firewood for Sale. 1/2 chord is $95.00 1 chord of mixwoods is $155.00. No delivery charge within 20 miles from Glenmoore. Over 20 miles is 10.00 Delivery charge and stacking is a charge of $15.00. The wood is ready to burn, get it before the cold gets you. Call me at 484-880-7910 or email me at 484-880-7910.

Thank you!
I SELL HAVE PINE AND SPRUCE IN MY MIX... my wood is green and if you ask what i have i will tell you what you want to hear
soft wood sale.....ask me i dont not what a cord is
and my loads are short.....my wood does not burn well

That must be 2 guys competing to sell firewood. One of them isn't liked very well . LOL I'll bet he sells a lot with that ad.

I went and looked at this one, they wanted both trees cut and split and they wanted to keep one of them. The first tree was a damn nice oak tree but down a 30' ravine. the second one was about 1/4 mile back in the woods across a creek!

http://springfield.craigslist.org/zip/990696191.html

FREE FIREWOOD, YOU CUT (Ozark)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: see below
Date: 2009-01-12, 9:01PM CST

I have 2 very large trees down on my property. I am wanting them both cut up and you can take 1 of them with you for firewood and other for us to keep for ourselves. Both I believe are oak. so both good wood!!! They are atleast 5 foot round so if you can't cut them please don't call!! They are prolly 5foot wide by 100 foot tall i'd say just as a guess. Oldest 2 trees on our property fell over in last ice storm. Thanks!

Well, here is one:

Red and white truck seen pulling away w/ freshly cut STOLEN wood in West Linn area over the weekend.

Buyer Beware

That may be leading to this type of ad:

I want to trade my firewood for firearms??????????

And of course, they could just get all the want for free across town ('spose most thieves can't read though):

free wood cottenwood and popular and outhers seasoned

firewood 50 cords popular and cottenwood alantis you cut and splitwood seasoned 6 mths you cut firewood for home owners onlyi have 100 cord of wood in north portland most cottenwood alantis maple witch is a hard wood lots of cottenwood and popular it will burn but not the greatest wood but its free

.. ((this wood is for home owners not resale))..

Last edited:
I love Craigslist - for both the humor and the fantastic scores! I post looking for firewood preferably free but willing to provide incentive for good referrals.

I have found more wood than I can handle - Tree guys call me first, and homeowners who need the stuff out of their yards. Life is great because of Craigslist :)

Not involving wood...but I suspect this crowd will appreciate:

hillbilly hot tub for sale - $100 (niles)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-03-05, 10:47PM EST

a nice horse trough or hillbilly hot tub your's for 100 dollars brand new never been used no jets but you can make you owen if you eat alot of chilly 269 683 4346 bill

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 1062430794

HA! I found one under "wanted"

free wood wanted, will cut and haul. if +1 cord will charge small fee for gas and wear tear of chainsaw. i mean hey you need that much wood moved you would have to pay someone a lot to move it away and stuff....

Back