Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shop-Vac Wet/Dry Vac - $25 (Pewaukee)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comes with attachments, and 2 hose sections, reaching a handy 18' long. Also has a blower port too so it can suck or blow. Good wheels, works good. Please e-mail with phone # and I will call in order received, thanks.

UPDATE, just used it today, (5-19-09), to blow clear our clogged bathtub drain, took about 15 seconds tops, I prob. should keep it.

Hmmmm.... so is he selling it or not????

Must be a scam.

http://tricities.craigslist.org/zip/1193807579.html

We are giving away our Stihl chainsaw away FREE, just come pick it up by Sunday afternoon. Our son gave us a smaller chainsaw. It is perfect working condition. I am willing to demonstrate it to anyone that is interested in taking it home.

Thanks,

Micky Byrd

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

And has the same picture as the other listing. :monkey:

Does Craig's list reveal real emails when you reply or are they anonymous both ways?

Only thing I can think is they're harvesting email addresses, perhaps phone numbers / real addresses?

Yes , I am.It is a famous ad that has run for years on Craig's.People keep posting "I am trying to get a hold of you regarding the Rhino" ads.The ad usually shows a mint Rhino, complete with about $5k of extras.Don't be a sap; if it sounds way too good too be true, it is.

Does Craig's list reveal real emails when you reply or are they anonymous both ways?

If he places the ad, your response to the ad is anonymous (if you have that box checked properly in the settings). His reply to you shows his actual email. I 'think' your reply to that one also shows your actual email.
so the scammer has to get you talking to get the address if he placed the ad.

But, if you place the ad, the scammer just needs to get you to 'reply' to his inquiry to get your address. Usually, his inquiry is 'I want it for sure, send me more info.'

What I don't get is that how can email addresses be valuable enough to go through all this hassle? Maybe if they harvest 100 or more from one ad, and if all the inquiry is automated or something. Or more likely, eventually they get a few phone or CC or bank info numbers....

The John Deere tractor loader package is all over CL. My brother was corresponding (pulling chains to put it more accurately) with 3 of them at same time, all the same pictures, and located all over the country. Always far from home and far from where the seller is at this moment, but no worries, shipping is included at that price.

kcj

I know someone who replied to a couple ads. for Atv's as soon as he asked about the machine, it would dissapear and then pop up in another part of the country.

Well, the multiple listings, with similar text and photos, do support the scam scenario.

But I have also seen people give away many items of value in free ads, so I guess there always is some cost/value/benefit calculations that need to be made each time.

Philbert

Here's a good one...think i might e-mail him offering even more for them. lol

Hello this is a long shot I'm sure but worth trying I suppose, I have three big old trees in my yard at leat 50-60 years old maybe even older. The trees are in healthy condition and you would get alot of wood out of them, I believe they are oak trees. I've heard of someone selling their trees before so that's why i'm trying to do this really, This will be 600 per tree if you buy all three I'll let them go for $1500! If you heat you house with wood, own a sawmill, or just would like to use your chainsaw. Give me a call at 513-899-9999 Thanks!

Pics below. Ad does not mention rooftop access

Philbert
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

a boat load of thank yous (for a chainsaw)

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/wan/1221149080.html

Anyone have a Chainsaw I could borrow? (NE PDX)

I've got a slight problem. A tree fell down in my backyard, and I need to chop it up into fire wood. Does anyone have a chainsaw I could borrow for a day? I could bring you a boat load of thank yous, & a special treat when I drop it off again. Let me know. Thanks! :)

Nate.

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/wan/1221149080.html

Anyone have a Chainsaw I could borrow? (NE PDX)

I've got a slight problem. A tree fell down in my backyard, and I need to chop it up into fire wood. Does anyone have a chainsaw I could borrow for a day? I could bring you a boat load of thank yous, & a special treat when I drop it off again. Let me know. Thanks! :)

Nate.

"Special treat" ?? That makes me a tad nervous, especially cause it's "Nate"

Latest posts

Back