Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What does it cost to dump a load of logs if you don't have your own yard (aside from the driving time and fuel)?

Philbert

We are anywhere from $20 bucks to $50 depending on what dump we go to and the length of the truck. All of the yards will take chips for free so thats nice

Where im located SE. Pa. dumping is free. I live in a mulch manufacturing mecca, they even take unchipped brush from the landscapers (that actually hurts the tree companies).
The dump site has 3 horizontal grinders along with 3 track hoes, that feed the grinders. The dump is about 8 acres. It gets filled up in about 2/3 months, and I mean filled up. They grind and haul everything in an amazing time of 4/5 days. Gotta see it to believe it.

We have a yard like that also down here, its non stop for those guys, they have 2 tub grinders several large John deere loaders and track loaders running not stop. One tub grinder puts the first grind down that goes right on a conveary belt and right over to the secound grinder and dyed right there then moved to there big pile. Cool to watch and is a money making machine, you are getting paid to dump and getting paid when you sell it. Would love to have a whole pile of money and set up a operation like this. Plus you get to play with big equipment all day:hmm3grin2orange:

Where im located SE. Pa. dumping is free. I live in a mulch manufacturing mecca, they even take unchipped brush from the landscapers (that actually hurts the tree companies).
The dump site has 3 horizontal grinders along with 3 track hoes, that feed the grinders. The dump is about 8 acres. It gets filled up in about 2/3 months, and I mean filled up. They grind and haul everything in an amazing time of 4/5 days. Gotta see it to believe it.

Is that the farm off Bristol road?

That .080 Gauge chain might be a factor in that 21 lb weight!
izat some sort o pico-harvester bar stuff?

dangit, guess i musta got gypped, my 5020's only got .050

All those specs are entered by someone who wouldn't know a chainsaw from an air conditioner filter. Sears isn't the only one that gets it wrong.

Around here a pick-up load is usually over a cord, that is because the rednecks make it a point of pride to overload their jacked up 4x4 with with stacked springs and oversize tires. Then they add wood sides and then heap the wood up, I've known of loads hitting 1 3/4 cords. They like to go into the woods with a cutting permit, drop a standing dead D. fir, buck it to rounds, stack all the rounds in the truck, drive to town and hang a sign on it, sell it that afternoon to someone for $200-250 for the load, all unsplit. Not bad money for a mornings work and a decent deal on firewood too for these parts.

Mr. HE:cool:

CL > new hampshire > all for sale / wanted > free stuff
Reply [email protected] [?]

flag [?] : miscategorized prohibited spam best of
Posted: 2013-02-21, 4:08PM EST

Free Standing Timber (You Remove) (Hampton, NH)

Powered by Leaflet — Terms

Presidential circle
I have 25 standing pine trees located between my house and neighbors. Trees are 40 foot plus tall and straight and range in diameter from 6 inches to 1.5 Feet. May or may not require crain to remove, but if you can get them out they are yours. No knowledge of metal in the timber, area was a pinetree farm many years ago. All I ask is proof of insurance named my name and neighbors name.
Presidential circle (google map) (yahoo map)

And then there are these a hole's. Anyone for a nh GTG?

Around here a pick-up load is usually over a cord, that is because the rednecks make it a point of pride to overload their jacked up 4x4 with with stacked springs and oversize tires. Then they add wood sides and then heap the wood up, I've known of loads hitting 1 3/4 cords. They like to go into the woods with a cutting permit, drop a standing dead D. fir, buck it to rounds, stack all the rounds in the truck, drive to town and hang a sign on it, sell it that afternoon to someone for $200-250 for the load, all unsplit. Not bad money for a mornings work and a decent deal on firewood too for these parts.

If I could get that kinda loot for overgrown christmas trees around here, *unsplit*, Id be rolling in dough. You cant even get 250 for a cord of two year old seasoned oak or hickory, more like 150, and thats all that sells, oak or hickory, and you got to deliver and stack the splits. Well, according to my CL wanderings and seeing what is in the paper classifieds. Ive never sold any here just pay attention to the ads.

Do people just make a lot of money out your way? I think the only top dollar firewood here might be small cut and small split primo pecan cooking wood.

Of course we have had two mild winters in a row now, plus so many storms with trees down..that might be it, market got glutted.

It's kind of funny around here, craigslist prices are $100 a cord on up to about $170. That is not the going rate for firewood though. The guys that advertise on Craigslist never seem to have more than a cord or two to sell and never have decent looking wood.

Going rate is as low as $175 in the summer for multiple cords dumped. Stacking is $15-25 more per cord depending on who is selling. At this time of year a cord of seasoned wood is fetching $225+ dumped and very few people have any. This is D. fir softwood as there are few hardwoods other than locust and walnut.

So, a combination of demand being high and good wood sellers being somewhat limited makes firewood a decent market. Overall the downturn has not been as bad here and that has helped firewood prices stay up. I know of some other places where oak it plentiful and work is scarce and the going rate for seasoned oak delivered and stacked is only $175

CL > new hampshire > all for sale / wanted > free stuff
Reply [email protected] [?]

flag [?] : miscategorized prohibited spam best of
Posted: 2013-02-21, 4:08PM EST

Free Standing Timber (You Remove) (Hampton, NH)