Craigslist score.... Score?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueRidgeMark

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
As I was making the 25 minute drive, I realized I had done a dumb thing. I didn't ask how much wood they had. All the ad said was it was dry oak. Hmmm. What was I thinking? I've seen these deals before. Somebody moves into a new house, finds a small stack of dry-rotted firewood, and puts it up on CL for a sucker. Me. :(

But, I'm behind on wood for THIS winter, so I'm keeping my eyes open. Got a full pickup load of nice, dry ash a few weeks back, so I went for this without checking things out. Stupid me. :mad:

Oh, what'd I get? This:

attachment.php

But I didn't quite get it all:

attachment.php

There was a bit more left for another trip:

attachment.php

:D

Whadaya think? Cord and a half? All solid, dry oak! :clap:

There was one section that had some ants - just under the bark, and the nest was pretty well limited to that one quarter-round.

BTW, almost all of the pieces are quartered, or I couldn't get them into the truck! :D

Did ya happen to think to ask them if they wanted to come over & split it the rest of the way, & start your stove for you too.:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:
Seriously, nice score, kinda gives me hope that not all the folks on CL are as bad as it seems sometimes. BTW, I mighta tried the lottery ticket thing too. A C

Absolutely. My firewood hauler is a 2.7 liter 4x4 tacoma. The key is to have a trailer! I don't miss an 8 foot bed at all when my 6' bed and 12" trailer are loaded.

Wow. 12 inch trailer. Isn't that called a tow dolly?:jawdrop:

That Nissan just keeps on ticking doesn't it?
Now you need to get on that Potomac craigslist find....

That Nissan just keeps on ticking doesn't it?

Yeah, it does. :) Brought another load home tonight.

Now you need to get on that Potomac craigslist find....

Oh, man, am I tempted! I think I'll email to find out just where they are. 3-4 cords could be a lot of trips in my Nissan! :D

So how's business, Todd?

Back