Crane lifting bags or tarps?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

no tree to big

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Ive poked around only thing I've really found are things being re purposed. I'm looking for a bag, tarp or something that is designed to be lifted with a crane and ideally can be dumped, either out the bottom or set it down un hook one side and lift. Everything I have found so far is either waste management bagster which I don't see being easily dumped or those bags that sand and gravel are delivered in sometimes.

Ive poked around only thing I've really found are things being re purposed. I'm looking for a bag, tarp or something that is designed to be lifted with a crane and ideally can be dumped, either out the bottom or set it down un hook one side and lift. Everything I have found so far is either waste management bagster which I don't see being easily dumped or those bags that sand and gravel are delivered in sometimes.

Keep looking they are out there. Just purchased two of them but cannot remember now where we bought them. Ben Meadows or Forestry Suppliers come to mind, just not sure.

We haven't tried anything, this company is just getting into the 20th century let alone the 21st... lol I did come across the monster bag a few days ago I think it might be monstabag. I'm going to poke around one last time then I'll give my office the info. Only thing is I don't have hardly any room in my tool boxes :(

What do you want it to carry?

Iron workers and structural steel guys have all kings of things to carry tools and supplies up to them. Some of those might be adapted.

A lot of safety concerns with any kind of overhead lifting. Don't want to dump things unintentionally.

Sime fruit pickets have canvas bags that they wear over their shoulders, and dump out the bottom. That idea might be adapted.

Some 'Super Sacks' , used to sling load bulk goods, empty from the bottom and are sold used. Not sure how they would hold up, depending on your use.

If you come up with a design, a local tent and awning company might be able to make it up for you.

Philbert

this would be used when I'm picking from front to back yard or the other day we were set up in the rear neighbors drive 6 foot wood fences everywhere.. for grabbing rakings sawdust that sorta thing I'm sure it'll see stump grindings at some point. Right now I'm at monstabag or I actually just found a place that makes a heavy tarp with straps at all 4 corners they just don't make um very big like think 8x8 was the biggest maybe we can get um to custom make one

We use the bagsters alot I think I have two of them on the truck. Major pain to dump tho if you put sticks in there. Someone usually has to go in there and smack the corners out.

Just try the bagster, it works. Yes occassionally someone has to knock stuff out of the corners, but that beats passing full barrels over 6 ft fences any day of the week. If you hook the sling to one of the corners, instead of one of the handles, most of the debris slides out. I've been using them for almost 5 years now, never had one catastrophically fail, but they dont last forever.

There might be an off the shelf model, but here's something you could have made (heavier duty than the single use 'Bagster'):

'Super Sacks' - cheap, available
Screen shot 2015-03-01 at 11.00.03 AM.png

Fruit Picking Bags - bottom folds up to hold fruit, releases to dump fruit
Screen shot 2015-03-01 at 11.03.23 AM.png

Super Sack + Fruit Picking Bag = Dump Bag for Crane?

Alternate, 'military duffel bag closure'
Screen shot 2015-03-01 at 11.06.53 AM.png

You could replace the clip with a rod on a rope to pull and dump bottom.

(Send royalties to:)
Philbert

Dat looks like it!

"This portable FIBC dumpster bag is also very handy for tree removal and landscaping projects. It can be used not only to collect every conceivable type of yard waste, but can also serve to quickly deliver soil, fertilizer, compost and mulch where it is needed regardless of the topography of the terrain."

Did you get a price on them - just curious.

Thanks.

Philbert

Did not price them yet

I am also looking at these http://lewismfg.com/canvas_dirtball.htm this is the concept I originally wanted I think there biggest one at 8x8 might be borderline too small though I'm about to email them to see if they can go 12x12 I also like these because two guys can drag them if out of reach of the crane

Hello I am a long time lurker member but I have worked in rigging for a long time. I would recommend the company Lift-It they have a website and do some custom work. Or I have used Lift Pro in Duluth, MN. I have spent a lot of money at Lift Pro and they do great custom work. I know others may have mentioned it but if you are doing any overhead lifting you need certified gear.

Back