Crane removals....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
in all the places i have worked i have never seen this shackle. give me the hook man, its only a short ride i'm taking on it.

the wood isnt that big around here. if i am taking something out and i have to ride out with it. it wont be that big. lol

OD, I just don't like it when my rope or strap can come out of the hook if the weight is removed.

I use locking caribiners on the false crotch so that I can unhook pretty quickly.

Call me chicken if you want, I just like the extra insurance of a positive lock on my rope.

i came from the low and worked my way up.we have a couple climbers . we just bought a 38ton

OD, I just don't like it when my rope or strap can come out of the hook if the weight is removed.

I use locking caribiners on the false crotch so that I can unhook pretty quickly.

Call me chicken if you want, I just like the extra insurance of a positive lock on my rope.

not calling you a chicken at all bud. this shackle stuff has never been implemented anywhere i have been off the ball. so i cant comment on it. if it was used i'd use it for sure. take a pic of your setup and i'll see if i can get it over to where i work now. every little bit helps man. till then though. lol

we do have a snap lock on the ball but we dont screw the lock closed, its spring loaded.

safer is better.

in all the places i have worked i have never seen this shackle. give me the hook man, its only a short ride i'm taking on it.

the wood isnt that big around here. if i am taking something out and i have to ride out with it. it wont be that big. lol

attachment.php

Yeah Dave told me you guys were buying a crane he was pumped....What do you guys call him over there...His nickname is "Cannon" around us...

not calling you a chicken at all bud. this shackle stuff has never been implemented anywhere i have been off the ball. so i cant comment on it. if it was used i'd use it for sure. take a pic of your setup and i'll see if i can get it over to where i work now. every little bit helps man. till then though. lol

we do have a snap lock on the ball but we dont screw the lock closed, its spring loaded.

Sorry if I came off sounding tense..... I meant to put a smiley after that!!:)

We basically do the same as in the picture unless we are just going for a quick ride to get into the tree and stay there.

Then I put locking caribiners on the false crotch so I can unhook without having to run my line out of the false crotch.

Yeah that would be nicer...Considering my stupid self got my line pinched last time...I could still pull it out with some strength behind it, but that setup would resolve that problem...

lol.

i actually have that shackle sitting in my truck and a friction saver like that in the climbing bag. who knew? looks like i gotta put that on tomw.

thats a good set up i ues a load link on the line and a shackel on that so im up closer to the ball so i can take the slings off if i half to

Yeah Dave told me you guys were buying a crane he was pumped....What do you guys call him over there...His nickname is "Cannon" around us...

y do u guys call him that? ijust call him new dave. cuz we have 3 daves.

Idk why we call him that really, I met him through my cousin who's his roomate, so thats all I've known Dave as...

Dirty dude, I almost got smoked by my 372 today flushing a poplar stump from a tree I one cut today....Idk how or why but it was cuttin sick since you touched it up and I was standing behind the trigger, luckily, cuz it snapped back then cut fine, i think its because it was rotted in the middle, and one half broke free and caused it to land on the chain or something, idk, made me "barack" in my pants a little...

what do you mean by this? you cant reach the straps from the hook?

if u use . crotch saver. ur kinda low. i like to be close to the ball. just in case. i use slings with shackels. so i dont really take the slings of the hook. to much

Latest posts

Back