Craning some biggies today1

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's it, I gotta go wreck some pin trees...Enjoy the fab weather...you guys do that too, ya heah!

Originally posted by rbtree
Or climber....I've never had a problem selling residential timber.

Hmmm.... I'll try again.

I've only tried to sell D-fir once, 3600bf in Lake O. Called 6 mills, only 1 went to look and said they were rough. I'll drop the $65hr the self loaders want and see where they take them.

Gee, is it morning already in Ole Miss?

GF kick you out o bed?

Ole Miss? BAWHAHAHA, This is Bulldog country (Mississippi State).

I had just gotten home, I think the time stamp said 2:38AM. Being young is great.

Originally posted by Dadatwins
Pretty work, tight spot too. Like to see how that guy that thinks cranes are stupid and no blocks handle those trees;)

His daddy would probably just lay some old tires on the ground for cushion, make a face cut and lay it right on the driveway from the ground. Job all cleaned up and outta there in one day. :rolleyes:

Great job Roger. I just did some 100 ft. albizzias this week. It reminded me why I hate to do big trees. Pulling up long lengths of rope and big saws is getting too hard on the body. I much prefer to do several small-med. size trees for the same money than one biggie.

I still can't figure the logic in not being able to ride the hook, that's dangerous? I guess there is no exposure in having 3 ton hanging right over your head with no escape route except straight down, still under the hazard if there is a failure. There may be a day in the near future where a crane company wont touch treework, all the more reason to demonstrate our competence in our feild.

Nice Pics! You would never see a pine that tall around here...I'm feelin a little less tired now. These trees would be a walk in the park to you...;)

There is only one major company in our area that will still do tree work.

I talked to them and showed them the Z 133 and they were OK with attatchment ove the ball.

Heck, I've been told by tower riggers that it's allowed for them to ride the load on up.

Yep, I've told most of the Ness folks about the Z, but never showed it to them......t

Ah, what a day...my helper lost the job address and finally connected with me 1.5 hours late. We had three down, 2 chipped by the time he got there. But the customer was helping us..for $200 off the bill...and he was a great help --surprise surprise....We wrecked 6 pines, and a spruce for him for $800..then a incredibly spreading multi stemmed wild plum for the neighbor for $250. Close to 30 yards of chips, but we dumped 35 yards...that was nice to unload yesterday chips too!! A fun 7 hours for me...as I tried not to ogle his wife, who works in my dentist's office.

We'd have been easy two more hours if i didn't have a chipper winch...man it is the cat's meow!

At the last minute, on the drive home, I remembered to stop at a customer's, and sold a nice day's work.

Now for some spring corn snow skiing tomorrow!

Who can identify these trees..that grace my front yard?

Last edited:
Thats incrediable RB! Incrediable Pics! Incrediable video to.!

Monster boom, what is that a 80 tonn? WOW!

Plenty of reach gotta love that.

When I see jobs like this I think just how smal I am compared to some of your companies. Shoot compared to trees like that I'm not even worth to post to it.. LOL.

Originally posted by Gord
I corrected that video:

Thanks gord, my ACDSee photo editor allow me to rotate, but garbles the sound...plus I have a hack of the expensive Adobe Premiere, but have been too busy to figger it out. I've lots of vid's to rotate, crop and compress, if i ever get off my butt and do it.

Last edited:
We wrecked 5 pines, and a spruce ..then a incredible wild plum ....
A fun 7 hours for me...as i tried not to ogle his wife.

At the last minute, on the drive home, I remembered to stop at a customer's, and sold a nice day's work.

Now for some spring corn snow skiing tomorrow!

Roger, you are not in your twenties anymore. Where do you get all your energy? Inquiring minds need to know. :D

Originally posted by xtremetrees
To bad ya didnt get to rope it all out. Monster boom, what is that a 80 tonn?
Never lowered anything that big....even though I've got a Hobbs, and the GRCS is arriving soon..i hope!

50 ton with 126 feet of main boom. It was good for 12-14K lb at max extension at that 35 foot radius, heaviest pick was about 8000. Mike with ACDC and his 17 ton has picked 10K lb fir before for us...right next to the truck and low down...still a lot for a small rig, as ya still gotta lay it down.

Here's a shot of my neighbor's norway maple....15 or so years ago, I came home one day to see it freshly butchered at 15 feet.... Now, after Lauren moved in, I've pruned it twice...pretty good crown restoration, eh....Dang I like my work..but better is to sit with a cold one in hand and look at it all day.:rolleyes:

She's single, too bad I'm not very attracted to her, as taking a print of this shot of her yard over to her would be worth some points, eh?

the flower boy...

Crain

Sweet pictures!!! I always love to see good pictures of BIG removals done right. Keep up the good work!!BB

Originally posted by Koa Man
Roger, you are not in your twenties anymore. Where do you get all your energy? Inquiring minds need to know. :D

I'm RB's little brother, only 48. I can't understand all this 'energy' stuff. If you sleep, eat, and generally live right, ya got all the energy in the world! Other than my shoulder aching, I'm good to go!

But, I DO work less in my older age... usually 4 to 6 hrs a day. At the end of the day, I am not all tired and stove up. I'm sure that helps.

Back