Crank seal Install kit?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brushswamper523

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does anyone make a kit for chainsaws? I see single pieces but they look like they only do one side ie flywheel side or pto side. But I am looking for a set that can do most saws. Hold back on the "craftsman makes a whole set of deep sockets that can do it all." I want something that takes the guess work out. Is anyone making this? I have a run into a string of saws that have had leaking crank seals. Seems like something that's should be out there ya know.

I usually machine my own installers on the lathe from 6061 round stock using dimensions in the husky manuals...quick and easy. sometimes the mfg will have the tools available, but usually saw specific..

Thanks for all the replies. I guess you all are doing what I am doing already. I was just hoping there was a set of tools out there for this. But I guess if it isn't broke don't fix it. Thanks again all.

Does anyone make a kit for chainsaws? I see single pieces but they look like they only do one side ie flywheel side or pto side. But I am looking for a set that can do most saws. Hold back on the "craftsman makes a whole set of deep sockets that can do it all." I want something that takes the guess work out. Is anyone making this? I have a run into a string of saws that have had leaking crank seals. Seems like something that's should be out there ya know.
For the saws that I care about, 088 084 066 I bought the Stihl install tools, probably overkill though.
Otherwise just take careful note of the depth positioning of the old seal and use a socket

Back