Crank Seals on a 026.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you tried tapping one side in slightly with a small screwdriver to pop it loose?

If all else fails, check post #34.:ices_rofl:

Good luck with it.

Poge

POGE! :msp_scared: You are absolutely no help! I actually tapped, and tapped and tapped and tapped, till I wish I had the
splitting maul you had in your post. It acts like someone coated the thing with LOCKTITE! Dog-gone ya!

The flywheel side on an 026 can really be a bear at times...if your doing stihl saws semi regularly I'd see if you could order a stihl seal puller through your dealer. They really work slick.

pictures like those are why im ordering the stihl puller,,,,,, even if u only use it once a year its cheaper than a new case:msp_biggrin:

Does anyone know where to purchase the Stihl seal puller for a reasonable price? I contacted my dealer and they wanted $230 for it? I've seen posts where some people here have gotten it for $130.

Thanks.

I hope this is helpful guys... i did it and it worked like a champ.. $37.00 including shipping.

the only thing i had to do is file off a little of the "L" so that it did not protrude into the crankcase wall where the seal sits... pulled out like the $250.00 Stihl puller.. i should have made a video to show you all.. but boy oh boy was i happy i got it out...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271661441277?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

if the link does not work search for "FIT Crank Bearing Seal Remover / Removal / Separator / Puller w/ 4 pcs Hooks Set".

I personally modified the shorter set of "legs".

My local dealer charged $50 to remove the flywheel and replace both seals.
Not so sure he will see my face again.

That's really not that bad. I generally charge at least 1/2 hr labor for working on a saw . We bill at $90/hr.

I'm not going to get into the whole deal about running a business but there are TONS of "hidden" costs that go into that labor fee. Anything from training, keeping the lights and phone on to rags and carb clean, PPE, tools, etc.

Yes the job may have taken me 10 mins, but knowing how to do it and having the right tools weren't free.

I'm not meaning that to be an argument or defending the price, just wanted to share the view from "the other side"

Latest posts

Back