Crankin 245CC's with a rope---2 man saw update.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bullseye13

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Well i got the saws home and had a few minutes to work on them. I have good compression and spark in both of them now after i filed the points in the Mall. The Mercury had good spark surprisingly. As they are now they will likely never cut wood but that dosent mean i cant make them run. :)

The Mall is a Model 6, and the Mercury is a model G-36. That model is not listed on Mike Acres site, i thought it was a G-10 or G-AY until i saw the model tag. Both chains are scratcher type, the chain on the merc is almost new. The chain on the mall is sharpened down a bit. One is .070 gauge and the other is .080. You can see on the Mall from the one pictue what serves as a clutch housing. When i took it apart i found out that the clutch is missing. The bottom of the saw has a good bit of concrete cancer. You wouldnt believe how nice of shape the piston is in on this thing. Looks new!

The Mercury is missing the recoil, the coil housing cover, right handle, and has a busted clutch adjustment piece, among other things.

Anyhow, enjoy some pictures!

This is the Mercury. You can see the condition of it, hopefully i will get it running.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Does anyone know what to use to seal a cork carb float with? It split in one place and there was a lot of crap from it in the bowl of the carb from the Mall. I would prefer doing it with something that is somewhat ethanol resistant, but i dont intend on leaving fuel in these saws.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what to use to seal a cork carb float with? It split in one place and there was a lot of crap from it in the bowl of the carb from the Mall. I would prefer doing it with something that is somewhat ethanol resistant, but i dont intend on leaving fuel in these saws.[/QUOTE]

We used to use shellac to seal cork floats as gasoline did not affect it but alchol does so now I would think laquer would be the better product.

Pioneerguy600

Latest posts

Back