crankshaft to bearings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bucking for pops

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
any one ever sand down crank journals or turn down crank to make it fit in bearings instead of fighting the fit and what would be hazards associated with this ? I see a guy on youtube that does this! Just wondering thanks in advance.By the way the saw is a 044 Stihl and this is my first rebuild>

any one ever sand down crank journals or turn down crank to make it fit in bearings instead of fighting the fit and what would be hazards associated with this ? I see a guy on youtube that does this! Just wondering thanks in advance.By the way the saw is a 044 Stihl and this is my first rebuild>
If you mean take away material to get the ends to go into the center of the bearing bad idea. That is meant to be tight if it gets loose it will spin and get sloppy and wear .

he did get it to running in the end Lol a lot of us newbies don't know any better glad I found you guys. Anyway how can I get that sucker back in once I get bearings back in.Is the freezing and heat simple

Latest posts

Back