crankshaft to bearings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
o
Just for fun, what model do we want do talk about? Have you ever done one?
stihl 044 and I never done 1 Just tore down a saw I bought from pawnshop because in tired of buying cheap boxstore saws and cant afford to buy a good 1 til I find out what makes em tick !

So whats the easiest way? install bearings on each half and then the shaft 1 side at a time?

How would you do it HarleyT are you implying that it may be a great idea? Just asking honest opinions no offense I want at least get it back together!

How would you do it HarleyT are you implying that it may be a great idea? Just asking honest opinions no offense I want at least get it back together!

Well to be real honest, you need to start/make a post/thread about you saw, and give the details of what you have tried, if it worked, etc... Putting up a thread from some old English guy really does not apply, even if you think it might......

Well to be real honest, you need to start/make a post/thread about you saw, and give the details of what you have tried, if it worked, etc... Putting up a thread from some old English guy really does not apply, even if you think it might......
Thanks Ive order parts a few ive broken trying to take saw apart but I will research more and maybe start my build tread ?!A lot of useful info here>Ty HarleyT

The "interference fit" in this application is what "locks" in the timing........ The little aluminum key used on the crankshaft has
nothing to do with the "strength" of the key, but the "interference fit"!!!!!!!! The taper of the crankshaft is slightly different from the taper of the flywheel.....!!!!!!!!! = "interference fit"!!!!!!!

[QUOTE="HarleyT, post: 5237167, member: 1270e "interference fit" in this application is what "locks" in the timing........ The little aluminum key used on the crankshaft has
nothing to do with the "strength" of the key, but the "interference fit"!!!!!!!! The taper of the crankshaft is slightly different from the taper of the flywheel.....!!!!!!!!! = "interference fit"!!!!!!![/QUOTE]
Dude please just crawl back under your rock.nobody's in the mood for an internet fight tonight.

If most of the membrrs here are like me the last thing they are worried about is how many friggen interference fits are in a saw.right now im cold, tired,hungry and wondering why ***** flying apart.
Yeah, , the sad thing about this place is that it is overrun by kids that should try to learn things, instead of bully folks on a forum. The saddest thing about this post here, is that it is taking place on "Arboristsite", this site/forum/whatever has gone to total ****,
and the "folks" that should "give a damn"!!!!!! Do not care at all, and want to join us all and watch all "credibility" here online circle the bowl, and go down the tubes.... By gawd, is there no one here that sees the death throes of this forum????? You let these snotnose kids ruin the site?

Yeah, , the sad thing about this place is that it is overrun by kids that should try to learn things, instead of bully folks on a forum. The saddest thing about this post here, is that it is taking place on "Arboristsite", this site/forum/whatever has gone to total ****,
and the "folks" that should "give a damn"!!!!!! Do not care at all, and want to join us all and watch all "credibility" here online circle the bowl, and go down the tubes.... By gawd, is there no one here that sees the death throes of this forum????? You let these snotnose kids ruin the site?
Your many posts in this thread have been totally unhelpful and completely incoherent. And clearly they were not intended to be helpful either.

So whats the easiest way? install bearings on each half and then the shaft 1 side at a time?
Your many posts in this thread have been totally unhelpful and completely incoherent. And clearly they were not intended to be helpful either.
You noticed huh? Thanks.

Latest posts

Back