CS 400 oil leak near oil reservoir

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldboy

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping this is an easy fix. The black cap just below the oil tank filler hole somehow came off and oil leaks out. I notice what looks like a screw adjustment inside the hole. Any advice is appreciated, thanks.IMG_20161230_162452.jpg

If it's still under warrany take it to the Echo dealer .
Can't see why it would leak oil from there , that's an anti vib and I'm pretty sure that screw holds it there .
Is the O ring on the oil cap OK ? , it may be leaking there . Also , be a good idea to blow that saw clean .

Thanks, yeah I bet it is the o ring if that's the antivibe. That cap is all around wasted. Yeah she's dirty, she sat around for a while cause I have other saws, will be good to get her up and running again. Thanks again.

That cap is just for that anti vibe rubber , part # is 10091060030
O ring for the oil cap is #90072100025
I have a few Echo's but not a 400 , heard they are a decent saw tho....good luck .

spilled bar oil probably collected in there. the cap that broke is cosmetic IMO i wouldn't worry about it.

Yeah she's dirty, she sat around for a while cause I have other saws, will be good to get her up and running again.
I couldn't leave my saw looking like that if I wasn't gonna be using it for a while.

It probably has sawdust in the threads of the filler cap, or hole.

That cap likely helps hold the AV in place , I know the do with Stihl saws .

Latest posts

Back