cs-4910 on sale at home depot for $279.00

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4910 is a decent runner but lacks power imho for a 50cc stock saw. Remove the muffler exit tube and it does come to life more. We decided it wasn't going to be a good bucking saw for the wood lot and went with the CS50cc Echo SX model saw instead. Basically the same saw with a different cylinder and colors.

4910 is a decent runner but lacks power imho for a 50cc stock saw. Remove the muffler exit tube and it does come to life more. We decided it wasn't going to be a good bucking saw for the wood lot and went with the CS50cc Echo SX model saw instead. Basically the same saw with a different cylinder and colors.
What is the CS50cc SX model you refer to? Are you talking the 501SX or 501P?

What is the CS50cc SX model you refer to? Are you talking the 501SX or 501P?
I'm bad with Echo model numbers.
CS500SXH or maybe CS501SXH?
It has heated handles on the wrap model imported from Germany. The guy had his cousin send it and I ported it. Mean little 50cc tool. Very good heat forward and aft.

I'm bad with Echo model numbers.
CS500SXH or maybe CS501SXH?
It has heated handles on the wrap model imported from Germany. The guy had his cousin send it and I ported it. Mean little 50cc tool. Very good heat forward and aft.
OK. Reason I ask as I thought something new again.

Heated handle would be sweet in that 50cc. :cool: Everyone always talks me out of my 50cc HH saws.

But 4910 501P 501SX all use same p+c stock. Only one different p+c was the earlier 490. Going by all the parts list I have from echo.

Enjoy your builds. :cheers:

h3469999999.jpg

OK. Reason I ask as I thought something new again.

But 4910 501P 501SX all use same p+c stock. Only one different p+c was the earlier 490. Going by all the parts list I have from echo.

Enjoy your builds. :cheers:
I looked at the 4910 jug. It is not the same as this European cylinder. The main reason we didn't build up the 4910 was transfer ports.
Enjoy your builds also.

It over 3KW and probably 125 decibels now. The owner loves it for smaller logs. He is currently seeking a MS461R Artic model if you know where we can find one.
I can put out feelers in my CR group. Lot of guys get them shipped in there.

What state would I tell them they would be shipping to?

NJ
Central in Robbinsville or South just east of Philly in Cherry Hill.
I'm south Pete's north of me just east of Trenton.
He calls Artic 461s "hens teeth"
The wrap would be a bonus in 3/4
This is the last he will buy of 70ish cc saws. He was Stihl then Husky, then JRed's and now mostly Echo it seems or near Echo styling like Shindiawa 6xx series. I like those myself. Stihl, Husky and Echo for me.

These 4910 saws are handy, easy and simple to own and maintain. They sell the nice billet outlets for the mufflers and better filters. Never gonna get any simpler to own. This will sell soon. He sold the the other no heat 501P last year when the H saw was finished.

4910 and 501 cylinder is the same. The 490 is different
I even looked up the Europe 501sx and they say same cylinder as our 501P and 4910 too. Guy over there made a list of the 501sx and 501p differences and the cylinder wasnt one of them.

So guessing someone mistaken a 490 for a 4910. If they know the saws they can see the differences easily.

e490491000.jpg

Ended up driving down to Orange Park FL to pick one of these up. Ordered an Oregon 18" bar to put on it. Is Echo the only option for spare rim sprocket, or does an Oregon .325 small 7 fit?

Back