Cs 800p or g660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Echo cs800p or farm tech G660

• Cs 800p

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • G660

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

john Kawamoto jr

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Looking to buy a larger saw just to have for those bigger jobs never know whats going to come up. Ive narrowed it down to the echo cs800p and the farm tech g660. I know there is a big price difference between the 2 and that is weighing me on way then the other but i was wondering if anyone here had experience with these saws. I have tried an stihl ms 660 with 36 inch bar and like it a lot but do not have that kind of money to spend on a saw that will spend most of its time in storage
With that said i am looking to run a 36 inch bar on this new saw. All my saws are echo
I have a cs 590-24 and that saw is awesome also have a cs 330t that works great and a cs 3000 that i was recently told its a 95 model. And still works like new. Should i keep the echo line going with a cs 800p or take a cheaper route with the farm tech g660. Thanks
John

I found a real good deal on a used 372xp for my occasional use big saw.

Looked at a Makita 64-something for a few dollars more. And it was real nice and very solidly built. A bit heavy for a 64cc though. But not in the 79cc version.
If I was buying a new 80cc saw I'd look real hard at the Makita 7900. Reasonable price and a mostly stellar rep.

The only reason I could think of that I might need something bigger than the 372 is if I was to get into milling. And then I'd want 90cc or bigger.

Just because you like Echo's 590 & smaller saws this does NOT mean you will feel the same about their 80cc saw. I would avoid it, not that its poor quality rather their are much better modern designs out that will perform much better. Like any brand you need to cherry pick the good models.

I've got a handful of echos and they are great saws for the money. My 620pw is my go to saw. That being said my cs8000s haven't left the garage since I got a 3120. It's a well built saw with lots of torque but the power to weight just isn't there. At 17lbs it's a pig for how fast (slow) it cuts. They're both stock and one day I'll get around to messing with them but for now they're gonna sit on the shelf unless I break out the Alaskan and dont want to hump the 3120 into the woods.

They are good reliable saws. Just not something I'd like to run everyday. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if I were in the market for an 80cc saw that only saw use a few times a year.

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

I've got a handful of echos and they are great saws for the money. My 620pw is my go to saw. That being said my cs8000s haven't left the garage since I got a 3120. It's a well built saw with lots of torque but the power to weight just isn't there. At 17lbs it's a pig for how fast (slow) it cuts. They're both stock and one day I'll get around to messing with them but for now they're gonna sit on the shelf unless I break out the Alaskan and dont want to hump the 3120 into the woods.

They are good reliable saws. Just not something I'd like to run everyday. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if I were in the market for an 80cc saw that only saw use a few times a year.

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk
Cool thanks for the input. Yea im looking for something to have just incase a large tree job comes up. I use my cs 590-24 for everything else and it does an awesome job

I was looking for an echo 8000 for a long time. Never seemed to be able to seal the deal on one. Since I wasn't going to use it every day I was really interested in the echo reliability to make sure it ready when I need it. I couldn't seem to find one that was reasonable or close. Look for the qv800-8000 in your searches as well. I was looking in the sub 400 range but found something else

Neither one. I'd quit looking at the larger Echo. I've had two CS-670's, one CS-6700 and a CS-800 here and sent all of them on down the road. Better bang for the buck would be a new CS-620PW "X" series....IMHO.

The CS-800/8000 is a rock solid saw but older design. Great low end and mid-range power, but seriously lacking in power to weight and has "goofy" features like a flat air filter, oils the chain all the time, outboard clutch, fairly heavy, and you have to remove a little rubber cap to make carb adjustments.

Mine did OK for the CC's, but if I tried to lean it up to RPM and increase chain speed it stalled against the clutch too easily. It required a pretty rich "H" speed setting and you just had to lower the rakers and let it "grunt" away in big wood. I NEVER found myself reaching for it on any outing and ran my 181SE (felt like twice the power) or my antiquated 480CD instead when I found myself needing a saw for 24" or larger wood.

The CS-590/600P/620P/620PW Echos are on a much better "modern" platform. If and when Echo extends that deal to 70-80cc saws I'll be adding one to my line-up for the" ink gets dry" on the monitor!......FWIW......Cliff

Looking to buy a larger saw just to have for those bigger jobs never know whats going to come up. Ive narrowed it down to the echo cs800p and the farm tech g660. I know there is a big price difference between the 2 and that is weighing me on way then the other but i was wondering if anyone here had experience with these saws. I have tried an stihl ms 660 with 36 inch bar and like it a lot but do not have that kind of money to spend on a saw that will spend most of its time in storage
With that said i am looking to run a 36 inch bar on this new saw. All my saws are echo
I have a cs 590-24 and that saw is awesome also have a cs 330t that works great and a cs 3000 that i was recently told its a 95 model. And still works like new. Should i keep the echo line going with a cs 800p or take a cheaper route with the farm tech g660. Thanks
John

Why not a makita/dolmar 7910 it's nearly the same price as the echo, built just as good, and the performance is better. As for the g660 they seem to hold up mechanically thosej0 who actually use them but they have to many issues with the gas tanks.

Why not a makita/dolmar 7910 it's nearly the same price as the echo, built just as good, and the performance is better. As for the g660 they seem to hold up mechanically thosej0 who actually use them but they have to many issues with the gas tanks.
Im looking at echo because i have 3 dealers near by no dolmar or makita here on my island. And ok cool thanks 4 the info

Back