Cs5000

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihltech

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have an Echo cs5000 in the shop. Terrible starting, way lean. Found both crank seals bad, replaced. Pressure and vacuum test perfect after.
Starts and idles, dies when accelerated unless feathered. Install carb kit. Little improvement. Remove welch plugs, replace hi side screen, clean low side jet holes and clean hi side jet. Better, but still hesitant when accelerating. Spark tests nice and blue with the ole B&S tester.
Three pulls to start dead cold, 1 warm.
Fuels system tested, filter replaced. Vent OK. Can adjust for good idle, slight burble on hi side. Good power in an 18 inch block.

OK, what am I missing.
I am about ready to open up one of the transfer jets.:confused:

stihltech said:
Have an Echo cs5000 in the shop. Terrible starting, way lean. Found both crank seals bad, replaced. Pressure and vacuum test perfect after.
Starts and idles, dies when accelerated unless feathered. Install carb kit. Little improvement. Remove welch plugs, replace hi side screen, clean low side jet holes and clean hi side jet. Better, but still hesitant when accelerating. Spark tests nice and blue with the ole B&S tester.
Three pulls to start dead cold, 1 warm.
Fuels system tested, filter replaced. Vent OK. Can adjust for good idle, slight burble on hi side. Good power in an 18 inch block.

OK, what am I missing.
I am about ready to open up one of the transfer jets.:confused:
I played around with the high and low idles adjustments on my cs5k...Got it to the highest rpm and power..These will help with the hesitations while accerating.
Ron

Echo CS5000 tuning.

Every saw is different but my CS5000 does not like the same adjustment as my 026 or husky 55. More like the stihl but not the same. I would go back to basics. Check cylinder compression, use fresh mix, give the air filter a super cleaning or replace it, new plug. Then you can begin a fair carb adjustment. I always start with H & L opened the same (1 turn out). This should run and tell you what to do next, like adjust idle. I know that I am talking like you are a newbie, which you aren't, but sometimes the really experienced folks forget about the basics.:deadhorse:

Back