cs670

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjh245

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was surfing the web last night and i came across a company that is selling Echo cs670's for 430 with a 24 inch bar....That seems like a good deal for a 3.5 saw.....I have an old Echo 550 and it is not a bad saw. It is hard to find a saw of that size for that price. The site also offers free shipping. That price kind of makes we wish i had gotten that saw instead of my 359.

http://www.alamia.com/index.asp?PG=80&ID=965&VSP=0

rjh245,

I use an Echo CS-670. Great saw. It is 66.7ccs. I run one with a 20" b&c. Cuts very well and I am partial to saws that are both manual and auto oiling. In fact, I am abit scared about the MS-460 I just ordered because it is only auto oiling. I never had a saw that was only auto oiling except my small CS-300. I almost got the CS-8000 instead of the MS-460, but thought I would try the Stihl. Never owned a Stihl, but have run many of them. The price for that CS-670 is great. I paid $460 for mine I think.

The dealer here sales them for $459 with 24". Seems like the going price area.

The Cs-670 has a reasonably good reputation, but the power to weight ratio is not good - about 3.3 kW and about the same weight as the MS460......

No wonder that Echo maintain a very low profile regarding the power output of their saws.

Saw Troll,

You make a very valid point, but honestly, I don't understand what all this concern is about weight vs. horsepower. If the saw is reliable and has enough horsepower to get the job done, what's the big deal about several ounces or even a couple of pounds. Working in the logging business, etc. is hard work and you ought to be able to handle 15 to 20lbs. for most of a day. Again, I guess I am a dinosaur, but I cut for years with XL-925s, C-72s and Super Wiz 66s and never even thought about the weight. I just wanted good reliable saws and they were. Everyone is jumping up and down about the MS-460 so I broke down and ordered one. I didn't look at the weight because I don't care. I got the saw on the advice I was given on this forum. I am more than happy with my Echos and Homelites, but I guess I was curious about all of the hoopla over Stihl (ran them before, but never owned any). I want saws that work when I need them to work and have great reliability. I think my Echo power tools have fit that bill perfectly. I don't know why they don't advertise h.p. Maybe they feel like I do. My CS-670 has plenty of speed and more importantly, plenty of torque for a 4.0 cubic inch saw and I know it is reliable. It wouldn't win any races (I don't race with a saw, I work with it) and it won't win any sveldt contests (guess it doesn't care about Jenny Craig) but it cuts everything I need it to and it has a manual oiler over-ride just in case, as I believe all saws should have.

458, excellent post. Your post reminds me of a fellow over at another forum (that I'm not allowed to mention) who runs all Echos and he's quite happy with them. And there are a few Echos users here as well. FWIW, if dealer support isn't an issue to a buyer, some great deals on Echos can be found on eBayware, but chainsaw prices on eBayware have been crazy recently.

Back