curious

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

441_Stihl

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
hi all just curious as to how the 441 would compare to the Stihl MS660 0r the
Husqvarna 385 xp

Apples to oranges

Not hardly a comparison.. All are good saws.. But it is like comparing a Camaro to a Corvette. Yeah both are Gm.. But Each has its own place in the woods.

Considering you are going to be using the saw in your lot clearing biz...

I'd suspect the 441 would be smoother in the cut with some less power. A better all-around "go to" saw for stuff up to 24" or so.

The 385 is closer to the 650 (on paper, cc's, power to weight etc) and the 660 would have more power/torque with approx the same weight as the 650.

To supplement your 441 for the big jobs, I'd pass on the 385XP/650, and be looking at the 660+dual port muff or a 395XP. Again one of these wouldn't be your full-time go-to saw...but there is no replacement for displacement when you need it.

not sure where you are headed with this threadz data

you are comparing three totally differnt classes of saws!!!!!!

All three are very good saws,,,,, ummm Kick AZZed saws in fact but night and day apart!!!!!!

441 advertised @ 14.6 lb. @ 5.5 HP
385 " " 15.4 lb " 6.3 HP
660 " " 16.3 lb " 7.0 HP
Just the other two 385 - 066/660 should come out the bottom of the log first,, as they are substantially more displacement and HP respectivly,,,,, especially with longer bars in big wood,,,,, however I have run a 441 W/20" b/c and I was impressed......

Last edited:
Not hardly a comparison.. All are good saws.. But it is like comparing a Camaro to a Corvette. Yeah both are Gm.. But Each has its own place in the woods.

Exactly.

660+DP cover+muffler box opening tweaked open = close or = to the 7.8hp of the earlier 066s. That's a lot more than 5.5hp on a 441, to say nothing for the increased torque.

Each saw has its purpose, and its about finding the right tool for the job.

Exactly.

660+DP cover+muffler box opening tweaked open = close or = to the 7.8hp of the earlier 066s. That's a lot more than 5.5hp on a 441, to say nothing for the increased torque.

Each saw has its purpose, and its about finding the right tool for the job.

Exactly!!!

Match the saw to the wood. Come up with a three saw plan (more if your infection is serious...:D ), then grab the one that meets the need without going way overboard.

The only thing that you could compare on the 441 and the 660 would be the anti vibe system, they are completly different. Based on that comparision I like the 441 anti-vibe system better that the 660. It would be my guess that eventually Stihl will upgrade the 660 to a similiar anti-vibe system as the 441. To compare them for anything else makes no sense since they are 2 different class of saw in power. I do not have the 385 so I will not comment on it.

Not sure why you are taking a Camaro or Vette into the woods. Seems as your jeep is much petter suited for that task.;)

:hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back