custom felling dogs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best "stock" dogs I've seen on a Stihl was yesterday on an 038 Magnum... but they are no longer available... is you see them, grab with - easy to id - they have the part number stamped right up the center of the dog - starts with 1119 -...

Anyone have a picture of them? I won't get back for a couple of day and the saw will be gone by the time I get back

Dawgs?

Bucking or blocking I'd leave the dawgs on the saw. Aside from they belong on the saw. They protect the front of the saw from being slammed when the the chain pulls the saw into the wood. Ever have that happen when your saw got pinched in a cut? Even my little Husky 335 trimming saw came with dawgs.
I have a bumper on my truck but I don't take it off on the days I don't think I'm going to have an accident.

dawg day afternoon

I like the looks of that chain sharpening.
Yes, perhaps more hook than by the book, but I like that set up in most wood. Then again, I don't cut hardwoods but rarely.

I think there is a tendency to make the other dawgs I've seen with more of a big hook bottom dawg. In relationship to the other dawg teeth.

You lookin' to go wholesale or retail?

on some of my saws i use the old 056 dogs.. they do quite well on an 044. even if you only use one like i do.

nwcs, what a pile of dawgs! if you can spare two, would like to buy a set from you. Please PM if interested. thanks

edit: paypal sent for two sets of 056 dawgs... thanks,

Last edited:
how much does a pair of aftermarket dawgs cost ? Are there many different types, and or sizes avaiable ? Why are'nt chainsaws like the MX BIKE industry with lots and lots of aftermarket products available from huge manufactures to tiny 1 man garage types ? Or is there and i just dont know about them. I do know about a couple muffler mod shops obviously, didnt think they sold parts, like dawgs, custom handles, air filters, carb parts, etc..

nice job

the only thing i see you need is a chain catcher like on the stihl ms 460;)

nice setup for firewood.

Back