Cut a little cherry

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those curious.
yheqe5eq.jpg

Here is what I learned was full house.
qegeryqu.jpg

Oh and yes cherry smells so sweet.

[ Husky 460 and Poulan/Craftsman 3700 with 20 inch bars and full comp chain, the bar/chain was getting so hot it was starting to smoke, even though it was using oil at the same rate as mix. I was probably pushing a little hard, the chains were only about 1/2 sharp, and the bars were totally buried,

You have been a very bad boy!

Yeah, I know, but I had just finished fixing the oiler on the 3700 with a homemade diaphragm made with materials Fossil and I ordered as an experiment. Didn't have a decent chain, so dull chain or no, I wanted to see if the oiler worked while cutting something substantial. The oiler worked well, even if the chain didn't.

I may lose a point for the dull chain, but I figure I gain a few for the diaphragm repair. That's my story and I'm stickin to it!

For those curious.
yheqe5eq.jpg

Here is what I learned was full house.
qegeryqu.jpg

Oh and yes cherry smells so sweet.

wholey hell thats alot of teeth. i always thought the full comp and full house was the same because of a chainsaw milling article i read. learn something new everyday. heck i ain't never seen chain like that before around here. i'll find what threw my thinking off after dinner.

wholey hell thats alot of teeth. i always thought the full comp and full house was the same because of a chainsaw milling article i read. learn something new everyday. heck i ain't never seen chain like that before around here. i'll find what threw my thinking off after dinner.
Can't see it being much good fer anything but carving.

Can't see it being much good fer anything but carving.

everyone i know who carves out here use just the full comp stuff hence the reason why i've never seen it. i'm interested in the chain i use and never look into anything else much but i think i should. if our 72" had a chain like that life would be over when time came to file.

I am a geek and in my "office" or basement starting a fire in the stove, I happen to have old Oregon catalogs and study them. Mostly for bar mount patterns or sprocket interchangeablity. Fantastic resource they are especially for seeing bar mounts and what saws they fit!

Latest posts

Back