Cut some wood today... --- Lots of Pics. ---

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arrowhead

RARE BREED
Reaction score
Today was a perfect wood cutting day, 30 degrees and sunny. I used the 460, 044 and the 310. I dropped 3 Red Oaks. The trailer is 14' by 5'. It was a fifth wheel travel trailer. I cut it down and welded a standard tounge on it. I welded 1/8 plate for the floor. The sides are 24" tall and removable. I mounted a tool box to the front to store the saws. The air tank is used for blowing the dust off the filler caps, I refuel on the tailgate. Its not a beauty queen..... but it does the job.

Getting loaded up.
arrowheadpioneer

A couple of the trees
arrowheadpioneer

arrowheadpioneer

That sounds like a good day to me. Wish it was that warm and the snow was shallow enough to get around in.

Fueling the saws
arrowheadpioneer

First one down
arrowheadpioneer

This is why I drive an old truck, I don't like to carry the wood far.
arrowheadpioneer

Removable sides make easy loading.
arrowheadpioneer

Thank God for 4wd LOW, pulling them out makes bucking easier.
arrowheadpioneer

Logs in place for bucking
arrowheadpioneer

All loaded up.
arrowheadpioneer

The truck is squatting a bit!
arrowheadpioneer

I usually cut them into 20"-24" lengths. The bigger they are, the longer they burn. Now its time for a COLD Busch Light..............and a heating pad.

The truck is squatting a bit!
arrowheadpioneer

I usually cut them into 20"-24" lengths. The bigger they are, the longer they burn. Now its time for a COLD Busch Light..............and a heating pad.[/QUOTE]

What's the old saying, On a quiet night you car hear a Chevy rust? Looks like a lot of work and a lot of reward...good job.

nice day for sure...bet you were glad for a break in the weather

looks like a nice truck and trailer for getting some wood....I like the 460 too ;)

Is that a half or 3/4 ton truck? If it's 1/2 ton she's handlin' the weight well!
That looks like the ideal set up for getting the wood home- I like it!
I have a 94 1/2T 'burban that is getting really high miles, but it's a good truck and hard to replace. All I need is a trailer like yours!!:cheers:

Back