cutting a 200 foot tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dh1984

Hard worker
Reaction score
well i got a job and i'm a little afraid about cutting it. the reason i'm a little afraid of it is that the first limb is about 100 to 125 feet off the ground. and plus the tree is dead and is between 2 houses that are about 25 feet from the base of the tree. and i got experience to cut the tree but i don't want to mess with .and they ain't no tree cutter company that will come and cut it down for this guy.so what do i do about this kind of job? do i walk away or try to cut it and hope for the best

i do i got a millon bucks for insurence on jobs like this but i'm afraid to try it tho

You can't be serious, but something tells me you are. Cutting and hoping for the best isn't the way to cut a tree. Of course I am an expert so it's easy for me to say. Nonetheless, a tree like that will kill and destroy if it goes wrong, the question is can you afford that risk? Insurance?

Go for it. What's the worst that can happen? Death, dismemberment, permanent injury, and property desctruction? Pshaw. No worries.:jawdrop:

There are times in life when you stop and ask yourself if you should do something. When the answer comes back "I'm not sure", then probably you shouldn't. If you do decide to do it, at least do us a favor and video it for posterity. Your post doesn't exactly inspire confidence and you aren't asking for tips or saying this is my plan, what do you think. Had you asked that, responses would likely be a lot different. No one here knows your abilities or experience level, so it has to be up to you. Think it through. Good luck.

Seriously, video it for us if you do it. We love movies.:greenchainsaw:

well i got a job and i'm a little afraid about cutting it. the reason i'm a little afraid of it is that the first limb is about 100 to 125 feet off the ground. and plus the tree is dead and is between 2 houses that are about 25 feet from the base of the tree. and i got experience to cut the tree but i don't want to mess with .and they ain't no tree cutter company that will come and cut it down for this guy.so what do i do about this kind of job? do i walk away or try to cut it and hope for the best

what's that telling you?

my question is at what point do people realize how big trees aren't cute any more? especially when they're near the house.

give us pics of the tree and we can help

Can't do notin wit no pics.

what's that telling you?

my question is at what point do people realize how big trees aren't cute any more? especially when they're near the house.

are there really trees that cannot be taken down?

You can take anything down with the right equipment.

attachment.php

you've already answered your problem

i guess i'll havew to wait untill i get a bucket truck to trim it and then take it down but i just don't won't to mess with it because of the house are so close to each other.and plus it's alittle roited on the out side but i don't know about the inside of the tree

Last edited:
Back