Cutting on Saltspring Island today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parrisw

Tree Freak
Reaction score
Went over to Saltspring Island today to a friends property and cut a load of wood. Two truckloads plus a good pile left behine. Here are a few pics, vids uploading now.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Looks like a good days work. That first pic looks like some spooky woods, just right for halloween. That's a killer truck also! What kind of wood and saws?

Looks like you guys got a big pile split up. Was it raining up there or just a foggy day?

Looks like a good days work. That first pic looks like some spooky woods, just right for halloween. That's a killer truck also! What kind of wood and saws?

Douglas Fir, ported 372xp, ported Makita 6401BB, 357xp.

Looks like you guys got a big pile split up. Was it raining up there or just a foggy day?

That was only part of the wood. Little bit of rain, but mostly fog.

I've always hand split Doug Fir after it's dried a bit. Pretty easy unless you hit a knot. Probably more of a time saving measure in this case...

Real nice picts Will, got yourself some straight grained DF there, putting the winch to good use.
Thanks for sharing the picts of your coast. Did you cross over from Swartz Bay to Fulford Hbr?

Killed lots near logging activity back home in Idaho. Your pictures bring back some good memories, thanks for sharing!

Your welcome, always glad to share.

Looks like my kind of day. That property looks like a saw miller's dream.

Yes, it is. Lots of Cedar there too.

Looks like fun, that 8274 makes for a good skidder.

Lots of fun. The old 8274 gets er done nicely.

Looks like beautiful country and an enjoyable day in the woods:rock:

Yes it is Brad. I enjoy every minute of it. I should of taken a pic of the lake, couldn't see it for the first half of the day, right beside Maxwell lake.

I'm surprised you pulled a splitter up, isn't Doug fir easy to split?

Its fairly east when its drier, belive it or not a 8lb maul can just bounch right off it, it saves our backs and is much quicker.

I've always hand split Doug Fir after it's dried a bit. Pretty easy unless you hit a knot. Probably more of a time saving measure in this case...

Yes.

That looks like a badass place!

Thanks for sharing.

Its really awesome!! You can't hear a soul anywhere. Shut everything off, and its dead silent. My kind of place. There is no public land anywhere near.

Real nice picts Will, got yourself some straight grained DF there, putting the winch to good use.
Thanks for sharing the picts of your coast. Did you cross over from Swartz Bay to Fulford Hbr?

Thanks Jerry. Winch works great, and yes, nice Doug Fir. Yes came from Swartz Bay to Fulford.

I love Saltspring

Saltspring is a very nice place, I've spent many an evening at Moby's in Ganges.

While I love the San Juans, for some reason my little sailboat always ends up crossing the border to visit Saltspring, Saturna, and the Penders.

Not saw related but still pretty fun- Here is a cool photo I took during a sailboat race last November off the Southeast corner of Saturna.

View attachment 205076

Saltspring is a very nice place, I've spent many an evening at Moby's in Ganges.

While I love the San Juans, for some reason my little sailboat always ends up crossing the border to visit Saltspring, Saturna, and the Penders.

Not saw related but still pretty fun- Here is a cool photo I took during a sailboat race last November off the Southeast corner of Saturna.

View attachment 205076

Sweet I love sailing. My dad did allot or racing over the years. Many many other great places to visit around here with your sailboat.

Latest posts

Back