Cutting on Saltspring Island today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't see any animals. Friend was there yesterday hunting and saw 15 deer. But don't think they'll come around us while using saws and a wood splitter.

hahha are the deer there anything like on the charlotte islands.......inbread.......dog deer....full grown bout 4 feet tall?? population 145,654,567,437,756 per sq acre

When you going back out there Will? Like to see more brother! Look's like a great place, and we need another good thread:clap:

Be here before you know it little buddy! Looks like a great place evrybody needs a place like that to get away.View attachment 206207

Its an amazing place! Right on the lake, feels like the middle of nowhere, small cabin, no power, wood cookstove, propane fridge, huge deck, warf on the lake, so quiet there is no sound, except when my 372 is running.:hmm3grin2orange:

Will thats god's country, like the redwood country for me. Everybody should have some of that in life:msp_thumbup: I love it who needs power or neighboors, not me!

Will thats god's country, like the redwood country for me. Everybody should have some of that in life:msp_thumbup: I love it who needs power or neighboors, not me!

Yep, so peaceful, you can't help but not relax!! I secretly love it when the power goes out. While everyone else has no heat, I'm still laying in my undies on my couch with the woodstove cranked.

LOL! Thats all I did today brother! A sick day. I could just imagine you and me, doing a fir take down. 372- and 2101 be birds flying out of the trees for miles!:msp_w00t:

LOL! Thats all I did today brother! A sick day. I could just imagine you and me, doing a fir take down. 372- and 2101 be birds flying out of the trees for miles!:msp_w00t:

Yup, same here bud. I got a dang cold, getting better, but pretty much lost my voice today, almost can't talk right now.

Shait, how could I forget I got a 372 also. 372 in stereo!

SWEET! That would be fun.

Same here on the cold, good thing we can still type LOL! Im headed for bed good night my friend. To be continued tommorow night SS Island thread:clap:

Be here before you know it little buddy! Looks like a great place evrybody needs a place like that to get away.View attachment 206207

Nice photo- is that someone's "Yurt" in the lower right hand part of your picture? That's nice country out there, reminds me a lot of the ground I saw while I was on the Iron Complex in 2008 down there by Redding.

norm-your pic is a sight for sore eyes here. love that east bay fog rolling in over skyline. grew up in lafayette in the 50-60's. used to drive my rescued allstate(vespa 3 speed) scooter along skyline drive to berkely and even south s.f. guess that's where i got hooked on 2 strokes, listening to it on some long rides. good to know places like this still exist out there, brings a peaceful state of mind for sure. good stuff.

Jacob, there is an old equipment barn. I used to live there, still hunt there all the time. The name of the town is Cazadero, and that is the Chimney rock ranch. Not far from Jenner, and Bodega bay. 1500 is the address it is sweet on google earth. Turtle thanks I loved the fog rolling in from the coast which is right over that ridge. I would be sitting up in the hay fields, or redwoods, just taking in the sight's, and air. That's why I can relate to Will's salt spring island tales I love it! Never been to laffeyete, but we actually hunt pigs in Moraga, and man also god's country! I dont have a real good one of Morag, but heres the first pig, and me in the pic, and my dogs. Then me, and Jesus taking out a few madrones, after a boar hunt. Alot of Madrone in there.

Back