cutting squish by hand

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the video! I really appreciate it and learned from it too.

The question i need to have answered is what kind of air fitting do you have on your hose? I see the quick connect in your hand with nothing connected yet you still squirt some air? Whatever you are using i bet i need one! Great job btw i like the whole by hand mandrel thing slow and careful .
one of Dans (rvalue) readyguns :) he makes them

I have one!!!!!!!
e8ca9522ef502d6ad62384648d6f515c.jpg

thanks for the video Scott I really appreciated it. Why do you only check the squish in one location most guys say to check it in two? Not saying you are wrong just asking a question. Another question what do you make cutting edge from? Ok the last question are your mandrels solid steel or pipe with a plug welded on the end then turned down. Thanks again for all your help.

Thanks for taking the time to make the video. I'm not sure what the cutter is actually called but I do have a question about it. Do you use the same bar for all your cylinders or is each cutter sized specifically for each cylinder? I noticed in the video you talked how you held the cylinder with specific pressure on the cutter. This leads me to believe the cutter is a smaller diameter and maybe not sized exactly for the cylinder. Sorry for all the questions and Thanks again for the video!

thanks for the video Scott I really appreciated it. Why do you only check the squish in one location most guys say to check it in two? Not saying you are wrong just asking a question. Another question what do you make cutting edge from? Ok the last question are your mandrels solid steel or pipe with a plug welded on the end then turned down. Thanks again for all your help.

I use 60/40 rosin core .032 solder, very soft, takes very little effort to turn over with .020 squish, so I don't see a need to check more then one spot.

1/4" hss lath tool bit.

solid shaft

DSC00030.JPG

DSC00036.JPG

DSC00027.JPG

Thanks for taking the time to make the video. I'm not sure what the cutter is actually called but I do have a question about it. Do you use the same bar for all your cylinders or is each cutter sized specifically for each cylinder? I noticed in the video you talked how you held the cylinder with specific pressure on the cutter. This leads me to believe the cutter is a smaller diameter and maybe not sized exactly for the cylinder. Sorry for all the questions and Thanks again for the video!

different mandrel/cutter for each cylinder size.

the mandrel is a few thow under so it can be slid in without scratching the plating.DSC00048.JPG

I liked how he piss-revved the drill. That baby must be ported too

One little secret is grinding the brushes back to the pin holes.
Makes 'em half as heavy as the stock ones.
They'll track a radically undercut (cough, worn out) commutator or slip rings
at double the revs then.

The worn out commutator is also lighter, and makes for extra] XP [ piss-revving!

Attachments

• faster_not - IMG_3325.jpg
    faster_not - IMG_3325.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 121
One little secret is grinding the brushes back to the pin holes.
Makes 'em half as heavy as the stock ones.
They'll track a radically undercut (cough, worn out) commutator or slip rings
at double the revs then.

The worn out commutator is also lighter, and makes for extra] XP [ piss-revving!

I'm not sure what I'm looking at in the picture. ....Please explain for a dumb me.

Latest posts

Back