Cylinder condition and ball hone or not ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hone not hone

• Total voters
Ok fellas All aluminum gone and up at top there is a spot i will try to show but you can’t feel with fingernail but i can see it and since honing i see a few straight scratches i didn’t see before mostly at bottom of cylinder opposite end of head and i didn’t make them with hone. I’m afraid to hone more unless somebody says do it. I have honed with 320 a total of 35 seconds forward reverse at 5 second intervals and it really don’t take much from the look of the wet dust hence why I’m afraid to do more honing. Here are the pics
Hard to tell from pictures, but are those bevels on intake and exhaust (mainly) sharp? May need to clean them up, could be ring catchers.

Yes. Righty loose, Lefty tighty. Correct, flywheel is right handed.

Flywheel yes. Makes it easy. You can remove one with out a puller, use heat.

Yes, but I've been know to use a hammer on plenty as well. Back the nut most of the way and while lifting up on the flywheel, give the nut/crank a solid whack.
I like your answers better, I am out. I will add use care doing it with a hammer, have broken a crank and messed up threads before.

Fellas I'm not going to trust myself with heat My brother has two arm puller. I'm going to get it plus I'm in no hurry. Two more questions. HL are they slow to ship parts sometimes ? And when you screw jug down do you torque the 4 bolts ?

HL Supply are good peeps, I'm sure that they ship as quickly as possible. Using the MK1 calibrated arm :muscle:. It's hard (but not impossible) to over-torque the cylinder bolts using a t-handle wrench. Get em tight but don't grunt.

Check out the manual, covers lots of saws. What part of NC are you in. There are several of us that can help with splitting cases. It can be done with out the special tools.

Attachments

• husqvarna workshop manual chainsaws 36-3120.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 3
I'm just across the river near Yadkinville, and have the OEM Husqvarna flywheel puller.
If I can help, let me know.

This sight is great and i can’t believe how many live close. I have put puller on it and it hasn’t budged but it’s not the type puller with arms that pulls from the side. I’m afraid I’m going to pull a screw out that holds starter pawl or whatever it’s called. I used the screws that hold them in place. May have to get torch out after all or call sleepy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Back