Cylinder condition and ball hone or not ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hone not hone

• Total voters
Just had sick feeling in my stomach !! I pulled Oiler off and this is what i see. Those little balls i thought were bearings like big crank bearing balls but I’m thinking how in world did they get there. Well it’s nothing but balls of oil and dust. Anybody ever seen this ? Fellas does the sight have option of sending a private message or “pm” without bothering anybody else or making a post ? And also if i wanted to replace oil pickup tube do i just pull it out and replace ?
All the time.

Lol. Man they looked like mine when i first saw them. Shriveled up cause i just knew they were main bearings laying there and I've already spent couple hundred on this thing plus a new 32" bar My gosh you gotta see the bar. Now for the fellas that have them i know it's not a big deal but I'm used to 20" ok. Check this thing out. Reach China I'll probably cut my dang leg off with it. 28 or 24 probably would have been better now that i have held it in my hands but we will see

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
ok fellas dhsupply doesnt have meteor piston in stock and just now told me so he offered hyway - whats the word on hyway pistons rings ? should i order or should i look around on other site for meteor caber kit ?

Oh me . Hl actually doesn't have my piston in stock. Didn't tell me until i called . They refunded me but I'm still without so I'm asking favor because I'm at work and can't shop around. Can someone tell me the best place - not necessarily cheapest but best quality - to buy a complete 394 to 395 cylinder piston kit with everything else required to do conversion. Normally i would search hard but am at work all day and part of evening I kind of prefer meteor piston caber rings if you know of such kit. Thanks

Latest posts

Back